Sponsored

Impressions after a week of ownership (a bit long)

OP
OP
Kzanard

Kzanard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2015 4Runner TRD Pro
Thanks, good to know! Love my mustang, but there will come a time when I need more room and I know the ScatPack out now has crazy power to compensate for the weight.
If you need a full-fledged family sports car, look at the other SRT offerings. As part of being an SRT owner, I was given a SRT track day (included in price of car) where we had a day at a NASCAR track to drive the full SRT line. The Charger (most balance driver of the bunch), 300 (a little bit heavy for my taste but still a rocket), or the Grand Cherokee (so fun to drive with all wheel drive - vey little slip).

I can't bad mouth the Dodge at all. Never had a problem and loved it while I had it. However, the Mustang is definitely more of a driver's car and that is why I am back in one! :ford:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kzanard

Kzanard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MGW shifter + new transmission fluid to dramatically improve the shifter
I am sure. But as I said, for now, I am satisfied with the transmission and so other mods are a priority. However, if I had unlimited funds, they would be being upgraded now as well!

redneck ron

Dummy up Meathead!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 401A/Race Red
Congrats on your new car, glad you like it.

OP
OP
Kzanard

Kzanard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kevin, what part of Mass. are you from? I'm in the MetroWest area, so if you have any questions about my mods in my sig and want to see/hear them let me know. Always looking to meet up with local forum members.
I am from Weymouth (south shore). Thanks!

OP
OP
Kzanard

Kzanard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey.. that place looks familiar in the SRT picture..

Nice review and maybe we'll see each other around somewhere.
That pic was not around here. It was taken the day I picked it up in Maryland.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Nice write up, that's about my thoughts on my GT as well (even after 5-1/2 months).

Side note: considering a '16 T4R TRD Pro as on possible option, to replace our '08 T4R (AWD/V8 Limited). How do you like it? It's a combo family, beach, tow, [legit] utility car for us, limited highway miles.

OP
OP
Kzanard

Kzanard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice write up, that's about my thoughts on my GT as well (even after 5-1/2 months).

Side note: considering a '16 T4R TRD Pro as on possible option, to replace our '08 T4R (AWD/V8 Limited). How do you like it? It's a combo family, beach, tow, [legit] utility car for us, limited highway miles.
I love the TRD Pro as my daily driver. Some say it is a bit over priced. If you don't mind modding, you can get a Trail Premium for $6k less, add small lift and wheels and tires and be several thousand ahead of the game. If you like the luxury stuff, go with the limited. The Pro has some stuff and a decent interior, but not as nice as the limited. Personally I did not want to do any modding (that is what the GT is for!) and the Pro is the complete pkg. it needs nothing else. This is my 6th 4Runner and probably my favorite.

70monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
Nice SRT. I was going to buy a Challenger before I bought my Mustang but could not find the color I wanted locally and did not want to pay to have one shipped so I settled for my second choice.

I still want one and will probably get a Scat Pack some time in the future. I test drove a 12 SRT last year and it felt pretty stout and had a decent ride. I love how they look.

Wayne

Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Mustang GT
I liked the 16 so much,I traded my 13 SBY Boss. The handling and smooth ride were a plus,handles pretty much the same,less power though....nothing mods can't fix

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Nice SRT. I was going to buy a Challenger before I bought my Mustang but could not find the color I wanted locally and did not want to pay to have one shipped so I settled for my second choice.

I still want one and will probably get a Scat Pack some time in the future. I test drove a 12 SRT last year and it felt pretty stout and had a decent ride. I love how they look.

Wayne
The 15+ are SO much better than the previous models. I'd love a Scat Pack but the Mustang is so much better of a deal and has WAY more aftermarket(and factory) support. Mopar used to be excellent in that regard up until the mid/late 00's. Now its a joke if you own anything newer than a 2008.

Sponsored

AdvanSuper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars
The front end lift and dive under hard acceleration & shifting is very noticeable and annoying. The first mod I have done in every previous vehicle was to lower it and replace shocks/struts. I was hoping to avoid it in this car. It looks like this is where my first area of improvement will be. if you are a casual driver, the PP suspension is fine. However, if you plan to flex your engine's muscles at all, you will be looking at replacing some suspension components.
That's a huge let down... I've been on a couple of test drives, but I never want to really throw the cars into a corner with the salesman in the car.

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
i also traded my rt in for a mustang..im very pleased with it thats for sure ..i did the same mods as you, clutch spring, tint, and i did a x pipe which im happy with .. tomorrow morning the new springs go on :) . i did the cjpp springs as i like alittle rake on my cars..

old rt
Facebook-20150515-105951.jpg

OP
OP
Kzanard

Kzanard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's a huge let down... I've been on a couple of test drives, but I never want to really throw the cars into a corner with the salesman in the car.
It is not horrible by any means. You only really notice it when approaching its limits. I am sure the stock PP suspension will be fine for a lot of people who will never push the car too hard.

AdvanSuper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars
It is not horrible by any means. You only really notice it when approaching its limits. I am sure the stock PP suspension will be fine for a lot of people who will never push the car too hard.
Yea, I'll be looking into tracking and auto-x most likely and like you said having this be one of the first mods is a bit of a let down.
Sponsored