Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I saw my first one over the weekend also, and really liked what I saw. It was sort of a Grabber Blue color with a black stripe down the middle with a big wing.

OP
OP
Performance nut

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not a huge fan. The styling is very much an evolution of the c7, but I feel it lost something along the way. I see a c7/c6/c5/c4, I instantly identify "Corvette". I see a c8, and it takes me a minute figure out what it is. I get that the mid-engine restricts body shape. This hasn't prevented other manufacturers from styling unique cars. Chevy hasn't made something that truly stands out.
I was the same way when they axed the pop up headlights... and then I remembered how much of a pain they really were (winking Corvettes).

I really don't like certain styling cues on the C7 but others like them. I guess you can't win them all. :)

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I think they're ugly in pictures, but I saw one in the flesh this summer and it's better. I think the government headlight height regulation ruins the front end on them. The headlights look like an afterthought to me. But the rest of the car looks nice in person. They are really small inside, I was kind of surprised.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Saw another yesterday, in the super light pastel gray. Damn they're hot looking in person...

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I saw a couple of old guys driving them at a local park :) (it has a big ring road through it). I wasn't in awe. They reminded me of an older Ferrari for some reason and a little over the top for my liking. I'm a Porsche guy so perhaps that explains a few things but not the reason I have a Mustang.
Sponsored