Sponsored

I'm back.

EvilMerlin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
201 GT350 - Lead Foot Grey with Black stripes.
After a nearly 1.5 year hiatus of no GT350... I'm back.

Because of the move to Hawai'i, the expense of shipping something like the GT350, and the general conditions of the roads (especially in my area), I sold my 2019 GT350 a while back. Got more than I paid for it, but after the move really missed the GT350, especially after being stuck in a Subaru WRX...

I was driving by my local dealership and saw what looked like a GT350 on the dealer floor... sure enough, it was. Its a 2018. Voodoo Gen1 engine, convenience pack, but no other options other than the black racing stripes.

They were asking a little over original sticker.

Then I saw how many miles were on it. 164. Yes, 164. It has 182 now... but still.

The previous owner didn't even break the engine in.

The previous owner left everything that came with the car in the trunk. Unopened. Except for the cover which has clearly been used to cover the car since its April 2018 birthdate.

Managed to talk them down a few thousand, and well, Friday I pick up a very nearly brand new 2018. I'm a LITTLE disappointed its still only the Voodoo Gen1 and that it doesn't have the Entertainment Pack. But I will live...

2018GT350-1.jpg
Sponsored

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Congratulations! Great find. Not sure if a car that sat around for 4 years needs anything special done other than to break it in properly altho tires that old could have some issues if rode hard I suppose. Wouldn't worry about the gen1 as many have no problems with them. Was there a warranty extension or extended one offered?

OP
OP
EvilMerlin

EvilMerlin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
There is an active extended Ford Warrantee on it for another 5 months, just worried about that drive train warrantee honestly.

The tires are original and it great shape. Still supple and softish, but good shape overall. Looks like the car was on a lift the whole time it was stored.

These aint the Cup2's on the 2019+ for sure.

Evil Twin GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Domingo
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
Congrats nice find with that low mileage, and great looking color , Enjoy the car ………

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Not a bad early Xmas present to yourself. Very nice. :turkey:

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Very nice!

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
There is an active extended Ford Warrantee on it for another 5 months, just worried about that drive train warrantee honestly.

The tires are original and it great shape. Still supple and softish, but good shape overall. Looks like the car was on a lift the whole time it was stored.

These aint the Cup2's on the 2019+ for sure.
If you want to extend the warranty before it expires, I have someone who will sell it to you for $100 over cost. They are in 1 year, 12k increments.. so you could do 3/24k, 3/36, 4/36, 4/48 etc. I usually rebiu them right before the ESP expires to keep continuous coverage.

Just did it to my 15 F350 this past Dec. And have had over $5k in repairs done lol. Score.

And welcome to the LFG club. My favorite color by far.

VBGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2005 CLK320 Convertible
Can’t go wrong with lead foot grey, nice find

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Not to derail the op’s thread. How does the hundred over compare to the dealers pricing online that seems pretty good.

If you want to extend the warranty before it expires, I have someone who will sell it to you for $100 over cost. They are in 1 year, 12k increments.. so you could do 3/24k, 3/36, 4/36, 4/48 etc. I usually rebiu them right before the ESP expires to keep continuous coverage.

Just did it to my 15 F350 this past Dec. And have had over $5k in repairs done lol. Score.

And welcome to the LFG club. My favorite color by far.

Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
What are the odds? I mean really. How many were shipped to the islands?
You just stumbling upon this is incredible.
I really feel for the original owner who never got to use it.
Good on you man and welcome back.

OP
OP
EvilMerlin

EvilMerlin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
What are the odds? I mean really. How many were shipped to the islands?
You just stumbling upon this is incredible.
I really feel for the original owner who never got to use it.
Good on you man and welcome back.
In total, for ALL years from 2016 to 2020, only 12-16 GT350's were shipped by Ford to Big Island, between both Kona and Hilo from the information I can find (which admittedly is spotty). I know 3 were crashed out badly and totaled. I know of at least one (black on black 2016) because that guy showed up to try to buy this one when I was, and there is at least one more here in the Hilo area. Can't speak for Kona, but Kona does have better road conditions and drier weather, even if it is warmer and more humid... meaning I can see a lot more GT350's out that way.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Not to derail the op’s thread. How does the hundred over compare to the dealers pricing online that seems pretty good.
Flood is about the same price but they do not sell used ESP's, only to new vehicles. Inspections are required on used ESP's but if you already have an ESP and looking to extend it, the inspection is waived as long as you extend it before it expires.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. Online is about half the local dealers as cost goes around here. As long as its under the bumper to bumper warranty inspections aren’t necessary either. Getting one in that time frame is cheaper as well.

Flood is about the same price but they do not sell used ESP's, only to new vehicles. Inspections are required on used ESP's but if you already have an ESP and looking to extend it, the inspection is waived as long as you extend it before it expires.
Sponsored