Sponsored

I'm back and looking for a new GT - what are the finance options?

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Well the Alpha chassis is very impressive, the Camaro in stock form handles better than a modified Mustang, GM really have a far superior chassis, so some RHD Camaro's would be nice to see. :)
They would, especially seeing as they're priced to match the new Mustang even in the UK.

Our 6MT (equivalent of 2SS) is £39,040.
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
If it has Android Auto then I wont need to retrofit anything. Just plug in my phone and go, which is how all head units should be in my honest opinion.
Now that I don't disagree with, alas if you move into a used GT (for whatever reason) then there's that option if it has Sync2. But as you say, Android auto has the kicker over sat navs. :thumbsup:

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
If it has Android Auto then I wont need to retrofit anything. Just plug in my phone and go, which is how all head units should be in my honest opinion.
Can’t seem to get any of that stuff to work with my phone:D:D

Artill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manual Guard GT convertible
Well the Alpha chassis is very impressive, the Camaro in stock form handles better than a modified Mustang, GM really have a far superior chassis, so some RHD Camaro's would be nice to see. :)
Later this year Australia is getting a RHD Camaro. They are being converted by HSV now they dont have any Commodores to work on. No news on them coming here however, and they are expected to be more expensive than the Mustang after conversion. I would love them to bring some here.

It looks like the Corvette is going mid engined, and up market shortly, although the C7 looks like it will run alongside the ME car for a couple of years. The ME car might well be RHD

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hit a slight snag with the idea of getting a loan. Low interest loan to act as a deposit was sound until I phoned them and the fine print got rattled off. Despite an excellent credit score, above median-average wage and crystal clear repayment record, the interest rate suddenly went from 2.9% to 9.9%. Absurd, and they couldn't tell me why there was such a disparity between the two.

Likewise, the 0% deal seemed good on paper with my card issuer, but 24 months is not a long enough term after I crunch the numbers, and adding those repayments to the car payment every month ends up more expensive than taking the PCP with £0 deposit.

So that has kerbed my enthusiasm about buying one this weekend. I've found a brochure for the MY2018 car though, and at around £40k it fits snugly into my original plans for a Kia Stinger for a similar price. So by the end of the year I could have a late MY18 or pre-order for MY19 with hard cash saved up.

I've reserved a place at the "Golden Ticket" event tomorrow. So that's an automatic £500 off the price if I buy it then and there. So £35k dead on at £473.56 a month.

Some cars are going for cheap (around £34k for a few shadow editions). So if I can get it for £34,000 (£445.78 a month) then I'll strongly consider it. That's my hard line in the sand. Anything above that is a resounding "no" unless I magically happen across £10,000 on the street. I can afford more, but I want to be comfortable with the repayments, not on a knife edge like I was when I had my 2015 Mustang (and when I was on only £24k a year!)

:cheers:

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I've probably misunderstood in some spectacular fashion Ben, but if you were willing to grab a X% loan to cover the deposit, surely it would be better just to do the whole thing through Ford @ 0%? In effect a 0% loan?

Guessing that method means little/no deposit too. Or if you wanted, use a credit card for the deposit & pay it back quick. I did a large chunk of my deposit on a credit card - one that was 0% interest for X months.

Other than that, I guess you are saving up for a deposit!

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've probably misunderstood in some spectacular fashion Ben, but if you were willing to grab a X% loan to cover the deposit, surely it would be better just to do the whole thing through Ford @ 0%? In effect a 0% loan?

Guessing that method means little/no deposit too. Or if you wanted, use a credit card for the deposit & pay it back quick. I did a large chunk of my deposit on a credit card - one that was 0% interest for X months.

Other than that, I guess you are saving up for a deposit!
I was originally going to do the credit card thing via the 0%, but as it turns out, the term is fixed (the 0% loan takes a portion of your available balance, but the payments are fixed and extra can't be paid off) and you can't just whack it off quickly, thus I'd have to put it on standard credit if I wanted to pay it off early and that's 19.5%

So just purely through Ford will do for me. I can still afford it, though, so that's nice. :thumbsup:
Already gotten insurance quotes. (£660 bone stock).

Last edited:

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Have a look at MBNA. They are doing a 5yr money advance card at 4.9% just now. I have managed to save £17500 for my deposit, with a 3.1% sainsburys loan for most of the remainder. What's left will go on the MBNA card and will be paid off asap. Sure beats the 5.9% Ford are offering on the 2018.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Its all a convoluted mess. I was originally going to do the credit card thing via the 0%, but as it turns out, the term is fixed and you can't just whack it off quickly, thus I'd have to put it on standard credit if I wanted to pay it off early and that's 19.5%
Put the money to one side - quickly & then set up a direct debit? Burn the credit card!

I think I had similar logistical issues when I was planning to upgrade to the GT, a distant memory now, but well worth all the hassle! Gotta make sure you look out for yourself financially though.

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Have a look at MBNA. They are doing a 5yr money advance card at 4.9% just now. I have managed to save £17500 for my deposit, with a 3.1% sainsburys loan for most of the remainder. What's left will go on the MBNA card and will be paid off asap. Sure beats the 5.9% Ford are offering on the 2018.
I've gotten so many offers from MBNA on Clearscore. I should really give them a look!
Edit: I can totally get a loan from Sainsbury's. £306 per month. Job done.

Put the money to one side - quickly & then set up a direct debit? Burn the credit card!

I think I had similar logistical issues when I was planning to upgrade to the GT, a distant memory now, but well worth all the hassle! Gotta make sure you look out for yourself financially though.
Of course, that's why I've set a hard maximum limit. Anything over and I'm turning away. :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
I’m trying to get a grabber blue shadow for £34k;)

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
Thanks for that. Sure I’ve seen that one but my dealer just emailed wanting £39200 for one. He’s having a laugh

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Just save up and buy one for cash. Payments and interest suck. Then all you have to worry about is gas/insurance.

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Just save up and buy one for cash. Payments and interest suck. Then all you have to worry about is gas/insurance.
You do know the average wage in the UK is around 26k. If you didn't eat, drive, live somewhere or go anywhere then maybe you'd be able to save up that money quickly. Otherwise you're looking at a bloody long time to save up and buy with cash.
Sponsored