Im about to pull trigger on S/C any last thoughts? whipple vs Kenne Bell Vs VMP

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
Enjoy! Should be lots of smiles in your future!
Sponsored

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby Red
Welcome to the Whipple family :cheers: You're going to love your new car :thumbsup:

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
I did it!!! bought the Whipple from Hypermotive on Friday... Cant wait to get this beast

Thanks to the guys at Hypermotive for hooking me up.
Welcome to the club !!!! What made you pull the trigger towards Whipple?

OP
OP

rs7337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem & 1968 Mustang coupe
I like the factory look. I like the fact that the Whipple tune is a joint effort with Ford. No grinding the block, or lowering the motor. Yeah I know it's not that big a deal, but if you are going to engineer a near $10k product then why not make it fit right the first time. I really like the Kenne Bell but there again for near $10k I just don't see the point in the air filter just being a cone and dangling down behind the radiator. Also didn't like the fact about extra steps in spark plug changes with the vmp or KB.
If I was was going to dedicate this car the track... I'd twin turbo the piss out of it on e85. But I'm 41 and don't want to tinker with it that much.

paul1967

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I like the factory look. I like the fact that the Whipple tune is a joint effort with Ford. No grinding the block, or lowering the motor. Yeah I know it's not that big a deal, but if you are going to engineer a near $10k product then why not make it fit right the first time. I really like the Kenne Bell but there again for near $10k I just don't see the point in the air filter just being a cone and dangling down behind the radiator. Also didn't like the fact about extra steps in spark plug changes with the vmp or KB.
If I was was going to dedicate this car the track... I'd twin turbo the piss out of it on e85. But I'm 41 and don't want to tinker with it that much.
Awesome! Please post some pics when installed and driving impressions! I'm curious about drive-ability the rest of the time when it's not at WOT.:headbang:

Sponsored

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I am now in this exact same boat.. I can get a complete Stage 2 whipple kit, complete VMP stage 3 Gen II-r kit or complete KB 2.8LC kit for about the same price (Whipple is used, the KB and the VMP kits are brand new).. I want to keep running E85, I'd like right around 700whp (still on the stock opg and cg).. The KB is a couple hundred cheaper and I've always wanted one.. but I keep reading/hearing great things about that VMP. So for me right now, I'm really on the fence with the KB or the VMP.. the Whipple isn't out but for some reason I keep thinking the VMP or KB would be the best choices. I DONT like the VMP because id have to grind/cut on the block.. I don't DD my car either... HELP! lol

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I am now in this exact same boat.. I can get a complete Stage 2 whipple kit, complete VMP stage 3 Gen II-r kit or complete KB 2.8LC kit for about the same price (Whipple is used, the KB and the VMP kits are brand new).. I want to keep running E85, I'd like right around 700whp (still on the stock opg and cg).. The KB is a couple hundred cheaper and I've always wanted one.. but I keep reading/hearing great things about that VMP. So for me right now, I'm really on the fence with the KB or the VMP.. the Whipple isn't out but for some reason I keep thinking the VMP or KB would be the best choices. I DONT like the VMP because id have to grind/cut on the block.. I don't DD my car either... HELP! lol
Going to tell you what I told the other guy. Go TT and don't look back !

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Id go TT but its way out of my budget after everything would be done including the cost of the turbo kit and tuning.

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have a lightly used (dyno time and about 10 track passes) 3.2LC kit for 6200.00. It'll make 700whp easily on 93 octane and give you room to grow.

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have a lightly used (dyno time and about 10 track passes) 3.2LC kit for 6200.00. It'll make 700whp easily on 93 octane and give you room to grow.

I keep trying to contact you but never get an answer or reply lol..

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
The biggest thing that will help you with IATs in traffic is fans. My IAT2s never go above 116 and it is with me setting 30 mins in the school line with outside temps 90+ degrees.
That is impressive.
Sponsored