Xlume

Xlume

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.x-lume.com
Vehicle(s)
JEEP
Question for Xlume. I have installed with color change Wi-Fi and I cant get to turn on. I installed app on my IPhone and the app will not sense the Wi-Fi unit. I know that the pony lights up as I did a hard wire to the battery after trying several times to tap into the headlights with no luck. Can you advise which app I should be using and do I need to control the pony from the app only? Ps....I tried more than one blue wire...and now they look like they are Swiss cheese
The app is called "Magic Home". The wifi controller needs to be 'on' for your app to "see" it as a wifi connection. How did you hard wire to the battery? What wires did you connect to the battery? You may have blown the LED board by doing so. There is only 1 blue wire. You may also have 1 yellow/brown wire and 2 black wires. If you tapped the red controller wire to a black then again you prob blew the LED board or the controller itself. Did you correctly follow the instructions included and or watch the youtube videos?
Sponsored

swtazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
Good Morning,
I used the red and black wires to test the pony after following instructions and you tube video. The red wire to positive and the black ground to negative. Worked ok. I believe I was using the wrong app as I had read or seen the app being labeled Magic Color not Magic Home. I will attempt to connect again as you suggested. I do not believe I blew the board. Yet anyway. Lol.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I have sent several messages to XLUME on their site regarding the visual difference between the "red" and "amber" rear deck lid badges. I want to see an example of each.. There is a photo of a white S550 on their website that has an illuminated rear pony badge, but I cannot tell whether it is Amber or Red... Here is the pic below.. any ideas??
xlume rear pony badge.jpg

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Looks red to me amber is more orange
thanks. that is what I am thinking.. in the video it is not a "solid" color but has more of a swirling light effect which I think is really cool as it almost looks like flames in a way.. I think my state code in Wisconsin requires any rear lighting to be Red color like the taillights. There was nothing specific in the regulations regading motor vehicles (cars/trucks), but it was in the motocycle statute...Amber in front,,,, red in back... Anyone hear if they have stabilized the products and technology? I know there were some issues on early release.. just want to make sure the product is stable before investing the time and energy.. I priced just replacing the rear deck lid with a ecoboost or v6 model with the running pony and they are going for approx $150.00... I want to replace the GT logo on the back.. it's a pain to keep clean between the letters and looks boring in my opinion..I figure why not do something different. Have the regular running pony during the day and lighted at night... :headbang::D

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I have sent several messages to XLUME on their site regarding the visual difference between the "red" and "amber" rear deck lid badges. I want to see an example of each.. There is a photo of a white S550 on their website that has an illuminated rear pony badge, but I cannot tell whether it is Amber or Red... Here is the pic below.. any ideas??
I agree with moto111, since it looks the same as the brake lights in the picture, I think that is your best indicator. Since pictures can always vary in color, you know what color the brake lights are. I would say red.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Here are a few more pics that seem to match the lighting of the inside of the tail lights.. not sure if these are euro taillights or not.. these seem more amber to me...
xlume amber badge 2.jpg
xlume amber badge.jpg

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Here are a few more pics that seem to match the lighting of the inside of the tail lights.. not sure if these are euro taillights or not.. these seem more amber to me...
Looks red to me, matching the tail lights.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Looks red to me, matching the tail lights.
Maybe I am thinking about this too hard... but the white light eminating from the red taillight looks "amberish".. I have been trying to connect with Xlume for days to get my questions answered but no dice... I think they really should have examples of each badge color on their website, both for the front and back products in an illuminated state so that you can see what color it actually looks like when it is lit. I can't tell in the last example if that is considered white or not....

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Maybe I am thinking about this too hard... but the white light eminating from the red taillight looks "amberish".. I have been trying to connect with Xlume for days to get my questions answered but no dice... I think they really should have examples of each badge color on their website, both for the front and back products in an illuminated state so that you can see what color it actually looks like when it is lit. I can't tell in the last example if that is considered white or not....
I think as you said, you're just thinking about it too much. As I said before, think about it this way, look at your brake lights in person, what color are they? The pony is the same color. You can't tell from pictures the exact color of something because of post processing. Even when you take a picture with your camera, it has color calibration profiles and processes the picture normally setting color, brightness, contract and even compressing the image unless you're set to take pictures in raw mode and process them yourself. Even then is your monitor color calibrated? Even if so, is the person viewing the picture's monitor color calibrated? Probably not. My point is simply you can't look at the pic and determine the color so go by what you know, the tail lights... they are red.

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I think as you said, you're just thinking about it too much. As I said before, think about it this way, look at your brake lights in person, what color are they? The pony is the same color. You can't tell from pictures the exact color of something because of post processing. Even when you take a picture with your camera, it has color calibration profiles and processes the picture normally setting color, brightness, contract and even compressing the image unless you're set to take pictures in raw mode and process them yourself. Even then is your monitor color calibrated? Even if so, is the person viewing the picture's monitor color calibrated? Probably not. My point is simply you can't look at the pic and determine the color so go by what you know, the tail lights... they are red.
given all that then.. how do I know what the pony is going to look like illuminated? Is it supposed to be a solid red color or is it kind of a "transluscent red" that mimmicks the lighting from the tail lights??

OP
OP
Xlume

Xlume

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.x-lume.com
Vehicle(s)
JEEP
given all that then.. how do I know what the pony is going to look like illuminated? Is it supposed to be a solid red color or is it kind of a "transluscent red" that mimmicks the lighting from the tail lights??
Hi Lorne, i'l get back to your emails shortly as i have replied already. EDIT: just resent the email i "thought" i sent to you previously, but i may have sent it back to our info@ address, so my apologies for that

The red in the above pictures is simply that, red. It matches the taillights, it doesnt swirl and is not translucent, it is just a static red glow. If you have ANY concerns about legality then red is your best choice.

Rob @ X-lume

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Lorne, i'l get back to your emails shortly as i have replied already. EDIT: just resent the email i "thought" i sent to you previously, but i may have sent it back to our info@ address, so my apologies for that

The red in the above pictures is simply that, red. It matches the taillights, it doesnt swirl and is not translucent, it is just a static red glow. If you have ANY concerns about legality then red is your best choice.

Rob @ X-lume
Thanks Rob for getting back to me.. I appreciate it. I did send you an email reply regarding availability... I am excited to order this once you guys are back up to speed with production....

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
For those getting this, obviously there are options as to how you wire it in which will dictate when they come on. I didn't pay attention to where the X-Lume instructions have you wire it but I have mine wired into the parking lights. So whenever I turn on my parking lights or headlights, the pony is illuminated.

What I wanted to share is another means of control. If you're not familiar with the section of the forum here "Technical Subforums> DIY> Modifying As-Built Data Guide" (sticky), members from the forum have shared a wealth of information on how you can change your vehicle's computer controlled behaviour. In this case I made it so my parking lights are now DRLs along with the gills which makes it so the pony is illuminated all the time. I also made it so the DRL selection can be made in the console so I can shut that off any time I want to but the gills will still be on as always. There are several options for what you have on as DRLs and enabling/disabling ability through the info center.

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Race Red
For those getting this, obviously there are options as to how you wire it in which will dictate when they come on. I didn't pay attention to where the X-Lume instructions have you wire it but I have mine wired into the parking lights. So whenever I turn on my parking lights or headlights, the pony is illuminated.

What I wanted to share is another means of control. If you're not familiar with the section of the forum here "Technical Subforums> DIY> Modifying As-Built Data Guide" (sticky), members from the forum have shared a wealth of information on how you can change your vehicle's computer controlled behaviour. In this case I made it so my parking lights are now DRLs along with the gills which makes it so the pony is illuminated all the time. I also made it so the DRL selection can be made in the console so I can shut that off any time I want to but the gills will still be on as always. There are several options for what you have on as DRLs and enabling/disabling ability through the info center.
Does anyone actually know what wire to tap for the parking lights? I believe you were the one who had the Ford version as well and just used the plug and play kit correct? Regardless that is a great idea!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.