Sponsored

Identifying Front Lip/Splitter

Medusa5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
Hey All!

I have a 2017 Mustang GT performance pack and as well a know without going full race splitter, there isn’t a ton of options that fit the PP lip. Or you swap to a base under tray and then you have all the choices in the world. Anyway I’ve spent a few months looking for a lip that stayed very complementary to the car, but just added some flare, almost like an PP2 lip on the 18+ cars. I haven’t had any luck until today I found a car with exactly what I had pictured in my mind. The only issue is the owner of the car doesn’t seem to want to answer where they found this lip for their PP1 car, so I asked you people of 6G to help me identify this lip so I can sleep at night. Thank you (I’m starting to lose my mind over this)

IMG_3859.jpeg

IMG_3856.png

IMG_3854.png

IMG_3857.png

IMG_3858.png
Sponsored

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
I cannot identify the part here and I feel you about splitter options.

I would be much more interested in one that has a more factory look. The one in your photos looks like it is just added to the factory PP splitter. The appearance is of a piece added maybe with double sided tape and some screws. I think that I would prefer a piece that replaces the original. That’s just me though.

OP
OP
Medusa5oh

Medusa5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
I cannot identify the part here and I feel you about splitter options.

I would be much more interested in one that has a more factory look. The one in your photos looks like it is just added to the factory PP splitter. The appearance is of a piece added maybe with double sided tape and some screws. I think that I would prefer a piece that replaces the original. That’s just me though.
agreed but that’s even more limited. I feel like the only way to get something that’s aggressive with similar OEM style lines is by adding to it. That atleast seems to fit very seamlessly together compared to many other “extension splitters”

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
If they are “un-inclined to answer”, it is probably from Ebay.

OP
OP
Medusa5oh

Medusa5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
If they are “un-inclined to answer”, it is probably from Ebay.
I was thinking the same, but even if so it looks like the fitment is not bad at all. The lines all seem to mold together almost

Sponsored

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I was thinking the same, but even if so it looks like the fitment is not bad at all. The lines all seem to mold together almost
Sometimes Ebay doesn’t disappointment as much as it is “inclined” to. :like:

OP
OP
Medusa5oh

Medusa5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
Maybe I’m crazy but did I just find it finally?
https://maxtondesignusa.net/products/front-splitter-v-1-ford-mustang-gt-mk6

This looks to be it to me! I’d definitely want to have it match the more raw/textured plastics of our car rather then gloss black. Price isn’t ridiculous either. I’m am curious how it mounts to know whether it would hold up
That's the splitter you're looking for. I have the same one. Also @MarkM has the same one. Mine is textured but it's shiny as it's brand new.

It mounts to the bottom of the pp lip with nuts and bolts. You'll have to do some drilling. You'll also have to drill into the pp belly pan to mount it to the lip.
20231103_224950.jpg

20231104_142435.jpg

OP
OP
Medusa5oh

Medusa5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
That's the splitter you're looking for. I have the same one. Also @MarkM has the same one. Mine is textured but it's shiny as it's brand new.

It mounts to the bottom of the pp lip with nuts and bolts. You'll have to do some drilling. You'll also have to drill into the pp belly pan to mount it to the lip.
20231103_224950.jpg

20231104_142435.jpg
Awesome thank you for the feedback! Based on their installation instructions it seems relatively sturdy. How can you attest to the sturdiness? Does it seem pretty solid?

Sponsored

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
@Medusa5oh
It’s solid, they make good quality parts imo
I also have the side extensions :)
Pic of the textured finish against oem plastics too

IMG_7404.jpeg

IMG_2505.jpeg

IMG_2507.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Medusa5oh

Medusa5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
@Medusa5oh
It’s solid, they make good quality parts imo
I also have the side extensions :)
Pic of the textured finish against oem plastics too

IMG_7404.jpeg

IMG_2505.jpeg

IMG_2507.jpeg
That is exactly the look I was going for too with the side extensions and all! Thank you so much

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
Awesome thank you for the feedback! Based on their installation instructions it seems relatively sturdy. How can you attest to the sturdiness? Does it seem pretty solid?

As mark stated it's solid. It's mounted with plenty of bits nuts and bolts. This will give you an idea.

OP
OP
Medusa5oh

Medusa5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
As mark stated it's solid. It's mounted with plenty of bits nuts and bolts. This will give you an idea.

Thank you for the video, I was trying to find a video of the mustang lip online but I kept seeing every other vehicle. Definitely seems sturdy which is what I want. Too many cheap lips are relying on 3m tape and short screws which isn’t going to do the job. I can’t wait for them to come back in stock

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
Thank you for the video, I was trying to find a video of the mustang lip online but I kept seeing every other vehicle. Definitely seems sturdy which is what I want. Too many cheap lips are relying on 3m tape and short screws which isn’t going to do the job. I can’t wait for them to come back in stock
They don't stock the textured. You have to pre order. It took me almost 3 months to get mine. You might want to order it now.
Sponsored