Sponsored

Thesauerchise

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Kia Optima, 2021 Mach 1
I like the Mach 1 looks but the reviews have not been good. Its like a parts car and not a complete one and why did ford not put the GT500 front suspension under the Mach 1 so it would not tramline down the road. That would have made the car so much more enjoyable. As it is at least on my roads it will wear you out trying to keep it straight down the road. The ride is too stiff and not in a good way. I had a GT350 and it felt so much better in the ride department. They could just have given it the GT350 chassis with the GT500 front suspension, a Mach 1 look and the cheaper 5.0 and been done with it. That would have been an epic car with a perfect chassis and aftermarket support for the power plant. What a car we could of have. Instead we got a parts bin car. Unless you have allot money Ford going to cheap out on you somehow.
Yeah I don’t get this at all. I have a non HP Mach and upstate NY roads are not known for their smoothness and consistency, yet I’ve found it to be very compliant, a great road trip vehicle but also extremely willing and able to dive into a tight apex, stick and power out smoothly.
The normal mode is more than comfortable enough for daily driving, but the other modes give you different characteristics to play with.
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I like the Mach 1 looks but the reviews have not been good. Its like a parts car and not a complete one and why did ford not put the GT500 front suspension under the Mach 1 so it would not tramline down the road. That would have made the car so much more enjoyable. As it is at least on my roads it will wear you out trying to keep it straight down the road. The ride is too stiff and not in a good way. I had a GT350 and it felt so much better in the ride department. They could just have given it the GT350 chassis with the GT500 front suspension, a Mach 1 look and the cheaper 5.0 and been done with it. That would have been an epic car with a perfect chassis and aftermarket support for the power plant. What a car we could of have. Instead we got a parts bin car. Unless you have allot money Ford going to cheap out on you somehow.
Yeah I don’t get this at all. I have a non HP Mach and upstate NY roads are not known for their smoothness and consistency, yet I’ve found it to be very compliant, a great road trip vehicle but also extremely willing and able to dive into a tight apex, stick and power out smoothly.
The normal mode is more than comfortable enough for daily driving, but the other modes give you different characteristics to play with.
If you were to post “farts smell badly”, there will always be someone on a forum to tell you they don’t. There’s systemically nothing wrong with the car. You don't like it and that’s fine.

Last edited:

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I'm probably a bad example but went from 3 Mustangs to an Audi S4 and wasted 18 months of my life... what a nightmare. It shouldn't take 3 days in the shop and having to remove the supercharger to replace the thermostat. I could go on and on, it was in the shop more than in my garage.
i'll admit i was a little nervous going to an audi. i've known people that like you, had a nightmare ownership experience. so far i've been happy with the car and will probably get another audi at some point. i have an extended warranty and maintenance plan so the cost of ownership has been relatively low.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
why did ford not put the gt500 front suspension on the mach 1? because its not a gt500.
it only tramlines with the cup 2's. i have michelin 4s on my car and there is absolutely no tramlining.
the ride is not stiff. while this is obviously a subjective topic, i can say this confidently as someone that with back problems is very sensitive to a harsh ride.

i'm very curious, how many miles do you have behind the wheel of the mach 1?

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
i'll admit i was a little nervous going to an audi. i've known people that like you, had a nightmare ownership experience. so far i've been happy with the car and will probably get another audi at some point. i have an extended warranty and maintenance plan so the cost of ownership has been relatively low.
My wife has a 2020 Q5, absolutely loves it, no issues at all

Sponsored

jmhutner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grabber Blue Mach 1
Hello all, new member here. This is my exact order that I will be placing this afternoon, with a scheduled build of March 22.
How do you have a scheduled build if the order is not yet placed? I ordered mine a week ago on the first day the bank was open and just have a confirmation email from Ford and a revised priority code from the one my dealer entered.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Sorry for the mislead on my post, according to my dealer Ford will not build any HP cars until March due to the tires being summer tires. That's why I said the build date was scheduled for March. Sorry for the confusion, I will have an update this afternoon.
How do you have a scheduled build if the order is not yet placed? I ordered mine a week ago on the first day the bank was open and just have a confirmation email from Ford and a revised priority code from the one my dealer entered.

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
Hello all, new member here. This is my exact order that I will be placing this afternoon, with a scheduled build of March 22.
I was very close to going with Iconic Silver. Iconic with red calipers and the red decal line looks very aggressive. Quite a looker and easy color to keep looking nice.

Pardsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mustang Mach 1
Sorry for the mislead on my post, according to my dealer Ford will not build any HP cars until March due to the tires being summer tires. That's why I said the build date was scheduled for March. Sorry for the confusion, I will have an update this afternoon.
How did you get scheduled already? Scheduling for ‘22 starts in a couple of weeks. Yes, handling pack builds start in late March but being slated for a build on March 22 is a stretch. There are ‘21 orders that are going to have priority as well as orders for 2022 placed before yours.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
How did you get scheduled already? Scheduling for ‘22 starts in a couple of weeks. Yes, handling pack builds start in late March but being slated for a build on March 22 is a stretch. There are ‘21 orders that are going to have priority as well as orders for 2022 placed before yours.
I misunderstood my dealer when I wrote the original post. After placing the order yesterday I might get the car next May, as HP builds will not start until March. Again, sorry for the confusion.
Sponsored