cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone, I searched both here and online and couldn't find anything specific to what I am looking for. I don't plan on getting a tune anytime soon (so no handheld tuner yet) but I am very interested in datalogging IATs among other things on my 2019 GT. This is sheerly out of curiosity. I know there are several values like inlet air temp within the information area in the middle screen in the gauge cluster (non-digital dash) but it doesn't include Intake Air Temps.

Is there a cost-effective setup to do this without buying a $400 tuner since I don't plan on doing any tuning? I have seen some Bluetooth OBDII modules that can log to an Android app but I am more interested in something wired into my laptop where I can log and review in an application.

I read Forscan with an OBD cable like below can do this but couldn't find a specific example.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F0GVBWY/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_z7MgEbNDM06G6
Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Some of the cheaper scan tools offer real time data of a few parameters. IAT is usually one of them. You can get a decent one for around $35.00.

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
What is with the overwhelming obsession with IAT's on here? "My IAT's were off by 5 degrees, what's wrong?", etc. I can understand if you are tracking the car hard, now I get that. Also if you're running an aftermarket tune, I get that as well at least until you are sure it is right. But guys with no mods and stock cars monitoring IAT's? What for? Are you looking for something to go wrong?

I just don't get it. OP, theres a bunch of OBDII scan tools out there in the $40 range that can do the job. I just don't see the point. No offense.

OP
OP

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
What is with the overwhelming obsession with IAT's on here? "My IAT's were off by 5 degrees, what's wrong?", etc. I can understand if you are tracking the car hard, now I get that. Also if you're running an aftermarket tune, I get that as well at least until you are sure it is right. But guys with no mods and stock cars monitoring IAT's? What for? Are you looking for something to go wrong?

I just don't get it. OP, theres a bunch of OBDII scan tools out there in the $40 range that can do the job. I just don't see the point. No offense.
I understand where you are coming from as I have seen posts in the past about cutting out the honeycomb grill and whatnot to try to get more air in, etc. This is not that. I'm not.looking for issues or tracking the car. Like I said, for now, it's curiosity and me wanting to know the car better. I knew my last car (bolt-on/tuned/stalled 06 GT) very well and tracked it (road and drag) so as I made changes, I also had a grasp of where it started and how it acted through the changes.

There are also parameters I like to see after runs down the drag strip. Until I mod and tune the car, this is for curiosity. I also may tinker with Track Addict/RaceRender for trips to the track as well and incorporating a few items from the OBDII scanner would be nice.

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I understand where you are coming from as I have seen posts in the past about cutting out the honeycomb grill and whatnot to try to get more air in, etc. This is not that. I'm not.looking for issues or tracking the car. Like I said, for now, it's curiosity and me wanting to know the car better. I knew my last car (bolt-on/tuned/stalled 06 GT) very well and tracked it (road and drag) so as I made changes, I also had a grasp of where it started and how it acted through the changes.

There are also parameters I like to see after runs down the drag strip. Until I mod and tune the car, this is for curiosity. I also may tinker with Track Addict/RaceRender for trips to the track as well and incorporating a few items from the OBDII scanner would be nice.
Ok I got ya. Makes sense now, but I had to ask. Probably shouldn't post late at night but I have a habit of doing that.

You should be able to find a tool to do what you want pretty easily and for not a whole lot of money. Good luck!
Sponsored