Sponsored

i wonder if K&N drop in filters net more gains with 2022 cars...

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Thought I’d report back with initial impressions on the Green Filter. Installed this morning then took a 20 minute drive. Butt dyno didn’t feel a whole lot different (wouldn’t expect it to if 7hp is what they’re touting) but the throttle response seems to be a bit improved. We’ll see over time but for $65 I’ll take small improvements.
Keep in mind that the oiled and dry reusable filters don't filter as well as the OEM filter. There's plenty of tests that have been done over at https://bobistheoilguy.com/ proving this.

There's definitely benefits for staying with the stock filter if you live in an area with a lot of sand, construction, etc. Or even if you plan to own the car for a long time and rack up the miles. As with all things, it's trading longevity for performance.

I can personally vouch that the oem yellow cone filter does its job. The couple of times I've pulled it off I've always been greeted with a spotless intake tube. That definitely wasn't the case with my old mustang, that used a K&N cone filter.
Sponsored

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
In my case where I only put 2 to 3k miles a year on my toys longevity isn't a concern as much as someone who is daily driving theirs. My k&n on my whipple gets cleaned twice a year or every 1000 miles. My intake tube stays very clean as well.

It really depends on your goals and usage. No right or wrong answer here.

OP
OP
AvalancheSVT

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Keep in mind that the oiled and dry reusable filters don't filter as well as the OEM filter. There's plenty of tests that have been done over at https://bobistheoilguy.com/ proving this.

There's definitely benefits for staying with the stock filter if you live in an area with a lot of sand, construction, etc. Or even if you plan to own the car for a long time and rack up the miles. As with all things, it's trading longevity for performance.
bingo. the way i see it, i'll be changing the oil based on time rather than mileage since the car isn't a commuter so it shouldn't be harmful at all. in 20 years this might be one of those "holy crap, only 30K miles? cars.
Sponsored