Sponsored

i wonder if K&N drop in filters net more gains with 2022 cars...

merlin803

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
clay
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 P0004
Just as an FYI - I replaced my filter with a drop in AEM several months ago and a week or so ago also removed the charcoal filter and have had no issues on my 22 GT.

I want to say it seems to have more responsiveness/more pull but it's hard to tell because the weather also turned colder here in the last week plus the old butt factor isn't the most reliable tool, lol.

In any case, no negative effects.

P.S. I did not remove the plastic grid that held the charcoal filter but may see if I can find a pre 22 lid to replace mine since I would rather not cut it out.
Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Just as an FYI - I replaced my filter with a drop in AEM several months ago and a week or so ago also removed the charcoal filter and have had no issues on my 22 GT.

I want to say it seems to have more responsiveness/more pull but it's hard to tell because the weather also turned colder here in the last week plus the old butt factor isn't the most reliable tool, lol.

In any case, no negative effects.

P.S. I did not remove the plastic grid that held the charcoal filter but may see if I can find a pre 22 lid to replace mine since I would rather not cut it out.
Merlin, Iā€™m sorry but enlighten me please: AEM?

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
K & N filters are Ok if you just want to filter out rocks and birds. There are a lor of other better choices out there.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I feel like everyone overthinks these extra restrictions. On top of that, air filter wise the only way to get more flow is with more surface area or less filtration. Nothing comes for free with a drop in lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
AvalancheSVT

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
I feel like everyone overthinks these extra restrictions. On top of that, air filter wise the only way to get more flow is with more surface area or less filtration. Nothing comes for free with a drop in lol
i've never had any issues with drop in filters.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
im gonna get further down the line of ownership to make sure i didn't get a lemon before i go modifying this stock lid.
No one will be taking the air box apart to check if that carbon filter is present or not. For any reason. I assure you that no one at the dealer even knows itā€™s there, or cares.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Like.....other owners don't?
Eh, let them have their fun. I'd rather see threads like this than the myriad of repeat threads about the rattle, when the 2018/19 MY first dropped.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
....and notice who makes them :
Well I'll be damned. Ain't that a hoot?

That's really interesting. Is there, like, a thread devoted to that filter? Because that's fascinating.

That looks like a regular K&N filter, just not oiled.

Sponsored

SLR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT in Grabber Blue Metallic
We put about 2,000 miles on our '22 GT to make sure nothing weird came up, then removed the carbon filter (didn't cut anything, just unsnapped the holder) and dropped in a "high flow" about a month ago. No negative side effects, but my wife asked why the car was louder after she drove it. I didn't tell her what I did. Maybe the piped in engine noise changed in the process?

Last edited:

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
We put about 2,000 miles on our '22 GT to make sure nothing weird came up, then removed the carbon filter (didn't cut anything, just unsnapped the holder) and dropped in a "high flow" about a month ago. No negligible side effects, but my wife asked why the car was louder after she drove it. I didn't tell her what I did. Maybe the piped in engine noise changed in the process?
No.

Different day, different ears. Pure imagination.

OP
OP
AvalancheSVT

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
i got a sound tube delete kit on the way already. soon as i wear out these pzero tires maybe we can get that road noise under control too lol

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
i got a sound tube delete kit on the way already. soon as i wear out these pzero tires maybe we can get that road noise under control too lol
Let me know if you notice a difference with the sound tube delete in cabin. Been debating doing that too. I didnā€™t wait to wear out the Pirelliā€™s. I ditched those suckers within a week LOL. Continental Extreme Contact Sport, much better.

OP
OP
AvalancheSVT

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Let me know if you notice a difference with the sound tube delete in cabin. Been debating doing that too. I didnā€™t wait to wear out the Pirelliā€™s. I ditched those suckers within a week LOL. Continental Extreme Contact Sport, much better.
dude i was about to ask around about the continentals. is the road noise gone entirely now?
Sponsored