Sponsored

I want a s550 but........

cm5878

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT
All of your advice does make sense. I took a few days to think about it and I will wait another 2 years or so before making the plunge. I want to be as debt free as possible before taking on an expense.

domingos35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Currently drive 2005 F-150 STX
will u be around in 2 years?
I hope so ,but life is a gamble.
enjoy while u can

cm5878

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT
All joking aside, I am dealing with a chronic/terminal illness, plus we are expecting our first child come August.

will u be around in 2 years?
I hope so ,but life is a gamble.
enjoy while u can

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
All joking aside, I am dealing with a chronic/terminal illness, plus we are expecting our first child come August.
??
We all have a terminal illness - it's called life.
But if yours has an expiration date attached to it, then decide what you want to experience before you are gone. If you want to make a long term commitment to something you won't be around to enjoy, perhaps it isn't the way to go. Also, if you're not around, you'll want to consider what you are leaving behind for your spouse/child. Maybe a lease would benefit your situation... or even simply renting one. In the end it is your life and you know it better than unknown people on a forum.

Sponsored

TxBornSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang comes when the Wife gets out of NP school
I was going through this battle last yr. I wanted a "Toy" but hadn't paid off my car (2011 Jetta) yet. So I increased the Amount I was paying every month on the car by $100 (payment was 380 and I was already paying 400 a month). Then I started saving 150 a week for my car down payment. After 6 months of paying an extra 120 on my car and saving 150 a week I was in a position to pay my car off super early. It was paid off in Feb. I will order my S550 in July. Put 10% down and by the time it comes in have money for Mods.

Take the money that you want to put down on the car and pay off the bills. Even at the end of life teach the ones you leave behind responsibility.

OP
OP

CM581978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future S550 Owner
This shit is just getting more and more frustrating. I havent made any progress and have lost my job twice since May. We had our first child 6 weeks ago which is a gift, but I am so anxious to get back on the saddle. Doing the math, if I want to be debt free in 3 years, I would need to pay around $1100 a month. Maybe I should start looking at Civics lol.

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
Maybe try to find an older mustang GT for now. If you can get a good deal on a nice one you shouldn't lose much if any when you sell it to get your new (newer) one. You may have to drive a bit to get it, but it'll be worth it while you're waiting. An original owner moderate to high mileage mid to late 90's GT can still be found for a song..

Ruckus

No Fear Here
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rux
Vehicle(s)
People Crazy
I fully appreciate your situation, as I have decided to hold off purchasing a new car until I am completely debt free and have a fat deposit to lay down. I've been down the road you were on and I know full well how a luxury can quickly become a burden.

Excellent, thoughtful advice on this thread everyone! :thumbsup:

I'm going to be completely out of debt in 86 Days, 23 Hours, 56 Minutes and 32 Seconds. Yes, I'm counting. (I've even got the "Big Days" app that encourages my success.) I don't expect to seriously shop for my next Mustang before next April!

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
Start saving a car payment and do this for six months. If you can handle this then go for it. If not, take the six months savings and put it on your CC's. win/win
Now THAT is a great idea for people on the fence like the OP and me. Then you are saving which will make it easier if you do and if you don't, you haven't spent the money. Doing this starting the 15th with a savings account! Heck you can even do it virtually.
Sponsored