I Want a 2016 Mustang...

shanethealmighty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
$30,000 in student loans is nothing. Get that base GT! I would shy away from the performance pack because 19" tires are pricey, but it doesn't seem like you drive a lot of miles.
Sponsored

ry1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350 convenience pk, shadow black
My 2 cents....I agree with Justindo....No new car. Save up the money, pay off the loans. Even after first becoming a practicing physician for few years, I had 2nd thoughts about buying a car worth more than 20K and was driving a 7 year old 1993 Nissan 2 door Sentra that I had bought for 11K (after all the taxes).

Save up as much as you can in the beginning of your career and utilize the value of compounding for 30+ years on the initial capital saved. Make sure that you have degree of certainty with your job. Pay off all of your student loans as quickly as you can and do not dig yourself in yet another hole. The good health and fortune are certainly not guaranteed.

Last edited:

Johnnybear

Future Mustang owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Passat Wagon, Jeep Wrangler, 1979 Mustang
I have done the responsible thing my entire life. In HS I had a mustang for about a week-then lost it (long story). Joined the Army, went to college, drove cheap cars, paid for school and flight school as I went. Sold my one fun vehicle (jeep) which was still a inexpensive car when we had our first kid. Gave my wife her choice of nice cars, suffered through layoffs, bankruptcies and general terrible airline career realities. Then, I lose so much in divorce and I still don't have a Mustang. Guess what? Buy the car if you can make it happen. You'll be happier in the long run. I still don't know when I can afford mine as I have kids to worry about now. But hopefully by spring of next year!
Sponsored