I took care of a few things today

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
Dead pedal stainless trim

diode dynamics side markers to replace the Amazon junk I had

attempted to fix some rattles in the dash - interestingly, no center speaker on my car - it’s fine, but I swear i saw one in there when I swapped the B&O speaker cover last year….and I could swear I heard radio sound coming from the top of the dash….power of suggestion I suppose. Car is a base model after all…

3C80252A-D6E8-4D87-8B33-80627D1F4949.jpeg

14EFC148-31A1-4129-AADB-CFE1A6FE66EB.jpeg

32895B80-3807-49AA-8E52-DA7F7D124EFE.jpeg

1F43D365-3388-4D81-B2BC-08A5EFB4393E.jpeg

D140EEE2-55E3-4AF9-8A77-912161A479C4.jpeg

9B595A7E-5938-4273-B199-94605F97350B.jpeg

43A4E290-08B8-4C81-B855-71D45B7941CF.jpeg
Sponsored

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
What have you noticed from the sound deadening?

OP
OP
Earlsays

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
What have you noticed from the sound deadening?
the sound deadening - all I have done is the trunk and back seat area so far - I plan on finishing that project up, I still need to do the doors, floor, and roof, but I am very happy with what I did last may.
as for the dash trim foam added to stop the rattles - it seems to have helped - I still have a bit of a buzzing and rattling issue. I will continue to try to isolate trim pieces u til I get it quiet on the inside. I may be wrong, but I feel that my 2015 Premium GT was less of a rattle trap compared to my current 2021 base GT

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
the sound deadening - all I have done is the trunk and back seat area so far - I plan on finishing that project up, I still need to do the doors, floor, and roof, but I am very happy with what I did last may.
as for the dash trim foam added to stop the rattles - it seems to have helped - I still have a bit of a buzzing and rattling issue. I will continue to try to isolate trim pieces u til I get it quiet on the inside. I may be wrong, but I feel that my 2015 Premium GT was less of a rattle trap compared to my current 2021 base GT
AHH I see

Only rattle i have is the A pillar on the passenger side.

Sponsored

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
i will need to check those as well, good to know
For that rattle in my car its intermittent, and i can shove it in and its good for a few more days

MiamiGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You will get much better results if you use cloth electrical tape and single-layer it onto the metal trim fasteners. Most of the rattle is those metal pieces vibrating against the plastic. Just use a small piece of tape to stop the metal from jiggling. You can either tape over it, or remove the metal and put a small piece of tape under it.

OP
OP
Earlsays

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
You will get much better results if you use cloth electrical tape and single-layer it onto the metal trim fasteners. Most of the rattle is those metal pieces vibrating against the plastic. Just use a small piece of tape to stop the metal from jiggling. You can either tape over it, or remove the metal and put a small piece of tape under it.
Now that’s interesting… I have some of that tape - so you are saying to cover the metal clip with that tape and then snap the trim piece back in, and it should help?

Offshoregames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
21’ GT Premium PP1 Carbonized Grey Metallic loaded
Vehicle Showcase
My drivers side window has a rattle , anyone figure out how to fix that yet? Any suggestions are appreciated

Sponsored

JR007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Dead pedal stainless trim

diode dynamics side markers to replace the Amazon junk I had

attempted to fix some rattles in the dash - interestingly, no center speaker on my car - it’s fine, but I swear i saw one in there when I swapped the B&O speaker cover last year….and I could swear I heard radio sound coming from the top of the dash….power of suggestion I suppose. Car is a base model after all…

3C80252A-D6E8-4D87-8B33-80627D1F4949.jpeg
The dead pedal looks killer and matches perfectly! Can you please tell me which one you purchased? Thank you!

OP
OP
Earlsays

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
The dead pedal looks killer and matches perfectly! Can you please tell me which one you purchased? Thank you!
Amazon - there are three options, polished, carbon, and brushed - get the brushed - it matches perfectly.

the dead pedal just pops out - three clips, just reach behind and pull. Clean it real, real, real good, get the metal cover lines up right - it wont come off once the glue sticks.

Mustang Dead Pedal Trim Plate, Stainless Steel, Brushed Satin Finish | fits 2015-2020 Ford Mustang https://a.co/d/0XPlsAV

JR007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Amazon - there are three options, polished, carbon, and brushed - get the brushed - it matches perfectly.

the dead pedal just pops out - three clips, just reach behind and pull. Clean it real, real, real good, get the metal cover lines up right - it wont come off once the glue sticks.

Mustang Dead Pedal Trim Plate, Stainless Steel, Brushed Satin Finish | fits 2015-2020 Ford Mustang https://a.co/d/0XPlsAV
Thanks a lot for the reply and information, as it helps!

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
RTV, it doesn't harden. a dab will do ya.
Sponsored