'15 GT, '20 Raptor
I personally liked the V6 over the Ecoboost. Keep what you have
Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
No line lock. But there are also exterior differences between a base V6 and premium EB like wheels, fog lamps, and rear diffuser. If you decide to tune it, the COBB tuner gives you launch control

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
you put down 6k on the V6...So you owe like in the teens for the car...Rock what you have. Should have it paid off in no time if you are going to throw money around like what you are considering doing.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
you put down 6k on the V6...So you owe like in the teens for the car...Rock what you have. Should have it paid off in no time if you are going to throw money around like what you are considering doing.
This. I know you regret not getting the car you want, but hang on to it a but longer. What will they give you in trade on yours and what do you owe? The reality is, keep it for a year or two now and pay it down or off. Then go trade it for the fully loaded car you really want.

OP
OP

Asonitez

I go 71 in a 70 *REBEL*
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT Premium
I think maybe I was a little Blase about my V6.

Heres the thing

My V6 has - Almost all features allowed for the V6 that are purchaseable. IT has fogs and all that stuff. The Dealer didn't have to convince me of anything because I went in there knowing what I wanted and how much I wanted to pay.

The sticker shock I got was in the aftermarket.

I never purchased a car fully loaded. I always went aftermarket for HeadUnits, Audio, Leather Seats, & Trim Pieces.

Recently I bought a Fully Loaded 2012 GMC Acadia SLT1. It has EVERYTHING available for that car except some trim pieces and exterior grill found on the Denali. I have no urge to mod anything on the Truck because its perfect down to the the seats.

When I went to buy my Mustang I LOOKED at the EcoBoost but without fully understanding ALL the trim packages offered I went with the V6. My thoughts were that I can drop in the Ambient Lighting/Leather Seats and a brand new Name brand Headunit to match all the Kicker Components I have.

Stalking the aftermarket and just hearing about how performance shops are having trouble making super chargers for the V6, and the difficulties most people are having installing or even finding aftermarket stereos and speakers is a little troubling. I had the same inklings with my 3.5L Charger when I had it and spent a good deal of cash getting it to the status I wanted.

I view this as a chance to get into a loaded car with all the bells and whistles. I'm not chasing POWER.... The V8 is not an OPTION unless I can get it loaded the same way as this EcoBoost.

Sponsored

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
The V8 is not an OPTION unless I can get it loaded the same way as this EcoBoost.
You can, it just costs more. Not for everyone's budget. That being said, seriosuly, buy the car that makes YOU happy. No point in payments on a car you don't feel good driving. Well, that's what I live by anyway. I bust my ass to drive what I want to drive and live the dream.

dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Conv V6 4.0; 2016 BMW 340i
Come on, are you serious? V6 sounds better than Eco IMO. The V6 interior is quite nice. I wouldn't do the trade.

Unless $ is no object for you, don't do it. Doesn't make sense. You seem like a person who doesn't keep cars too long. In that case, keep this car for 50k miles or 2-3 years, then sell it and get the updated Mustang coming out... There will be better models and new options in a few years.

OP
OP

Asonitez

I go 71 in a 70 *REBEL*
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT Premium
Come on, are you serious? V6 sounds better than Eco IMO. The V6 interior is quite nice. I wouldn't do the trade.

Unless $ is no object for you, don't do it. Doesn't make sense. You seem like a person who doesn't keep cars too long. In that case, keep this car for 50k miles or 2-3 years, then sell it and get the updated Mustang coming out... There will be better models and new options in a few years.
I haven't really heard the EcoBoost vs the V6. I kinda like the thought of hearing the BlowOff Valve in the Eco.. I don't even know if you can hear it lol.

Can I burn Tires in the EcoBoost? I'm not big on Exhaust lol... But I'm sure If im unhappy with the exhaust I can probably just change it to something else and fix that little issue.

xfyre101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`15 CO PP GT
good luck with your other car bro. Hope it turns out better than the v6 one

bvdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black Mustang GT
Use Trucar to your advantage.

Sponsored

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
If you're not happy all the convincing by people on the internet won't solve your problem.

You know what you want to do, and you don't need our approval.

Are you going to lose money? Yes. Is it too much? That is up to you. To me, I've thrown away cash on mistakes in the past and I don't look back when I correct those errors, but I do try to look forward and not repeat those errors.

Good luck in what you decide.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Yes you can hear the blowoff on the EB if you vent to atmosphere (just pull the recirc hose off the intake and cap the hole) and yes the EB can sound good with an aftermarket exhaust, I think mine sounds great.

if you get an intake like the mishimoto or MAP performance you get the blow off sound without even venting to atmosphere and it can be heard both inside and outside the car

Br725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Prem/PP/ruby red/premier int.
I think the 6 and the EB sound good, just in different ways. Either way you go, performance wise, stock at least, both motors are pretty stout for what they are. But someone said it above me, convincing people on the web won't help. When you're driving in traffic a year from now and you see the car you really wanted go by, you may want to kick yourself in the ass.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
This might come as a shock to some here... I was in your same situation a few months ago. I nearly traded in my V6 for a TY EcoBoost with performance pack. Around the DC area you can find these in the low $25k range. For reference my V6 cost $27k.

When the 15 was announced I was dead set on the EB and that feeling intensified once we had the first interior sound clips (I actually loved the sound). I even stalked a dealer training session back in August to see/hear the silver EB they had. It wasn't until about 2 weeks before the 15's started arriving at the dealers that I decided to go with the V6. I figured that the 6 would fit my driving habits better and age better then the EB. This point is still true. (21000 miles on my 6 currently) This is the main reason why I kept the 6... Maybe in 2017-2018 I will go ahead with the EB.

B-52 Jetman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT, Johnny Cash Edition
I picked up a V6 - I love the mustang and the platform. My V6 is of course base. I have NOT started modding yet but Did order 2 items.

1. The Gas Hood Struts an
2. The Rousch Side Scoops.
3. The Lighted Sill Plates.

The Hood struts are here but the side scoops and lighted sill plates are not yet.

The other day I was stalking my dealer and I saw that they have a

2015 Ruby Red Loaded Premium EcoBoost PP for 33,795.

MY V6 Oxfordwhite only has 700 miles on it and is immaculate. I called them up and they are willing to try and work something out with me for the Ruby.. I haven't gone in to try it out yet. -

The Eco's Interior is leaps and bounds over the Base V6 and I'm thinking of doing it just for the Nav and Ambient lightings and Trims/Leather/Torque and the fact that its already FI......

What you guys think... I'm having a serious remorse moment here lol.
For $33,795 why not step into a GT? Even though your V6 has only 700 miles on it, get ready, you're going to take a steep hit on trade in value.
Sponsored