Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2001 Harley, 1964 Volkswagen Beetle, 2016 Toyota Avalon
I'd argue that the Mach 1 is just an engine-swapped GT350 :cwl:
I'd say it is more than that. Without the handling package, it is probably the best equipped Mustang ever for the street. With the handling package, it will be a super short track car and do well at the larger tracks. Granted, it isn't the GT350 but boy it has a lot of the best of the best/proven subassemblies. You have to keep in mind Ford needs to shrink and sharpen the line to ensure focus on the next gen vehicles.

foolwithtools

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Hey I don't deny that! I don't have unlimited money though so I can't have both!
I'm a big airplane geek so the Mach 1 name is especially attractive. I love my GT350 though and wouldn't want to get rid of it. If I had unlimited money I 100% would also buy a Mach 1... along with a BMW Supra, Z4, 1957 Ford Thunderbird, a C7 Grand Sport, a C1 and C2 'Vette, Ford Torino Talladega... Basically I would buy ALL the cars.

Notice how I never said anything bad about the Mach 1. Even if the Mach 1 was literally just a GT350 with new body panels and a different engine I wouldn't think it's a bad car. Your malice at me is misplaced for I do like the Mach 1.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Your joke fell flat because a lot of the world has moved beyond finding humor in thinly disguised put downs of others. I'm not suggesting you intentionally sent it out with that in mind, or harbor those feelings, it's just not very funny or relevant any longer.
I thought it was funny, but too many people now days can't handle that kind of humor and go crazy, get discussions off track and shut down. I'd hate to see that happen to this one, so I just figured a comment wasn't worth it. Besides, I figure a woman can handle a slide rule as well as a man; oh wait, nobody uses those anymore.

On the real subject; I noticed in the comparison chart that the comparison was made between the PP1 and the two Mach 1's. The PP2 was not compared to the Mach 1's. However, I've read somewhere that the Mach 1 suspension is a PP2 suspension as far as springs, sway bars, and Magnaride dampers are concerned. So if you're looking for sway bar diameters for the PP2 without getting under one with a caliber, check the chart.

DaveB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350, 16 gt/cs (wife)
Vehicle Showcase
No, I was just tired of the fighting about the two cars, so I thought I would toss out a purposely stupid joke. Something new to fight about! I harbor no ill will or stupid sexist feelings, I just figured...why not? .....because seismic, racism, and what not are truly things to joke about because you dont choose either of those and to think that one type is subpar to another is just beyond ignorant. Anyways, thought maybe there were more older folks in here...ie ..over 40! nevermind, ill just go back to watching

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
However, I've read somewhere that the Mach 1 suspension is a PP2 suspension as far as springs, sway bars, and Magnaride dampers are concerned. So if you're looking for sway bar diameters for the PP2 without getting under one with a caliber, check the chart.
Honestly, I HIGHLY doubt this is the case. The Ford engineer in the original post said the base model rides similar to a PP2, so I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s close, but I’m very doubtful that they’re identical. I’ve read every bit of literature I can find on the Mach 1, and not once have I seen anything suggesting that it’s the same suspension as a PP2

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Having driven PP1 with and without magneride I don't think I would buy a pp1 Mustang GT without it. Never drive the pp2 or gt350.

LowFlying65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
FJG Mach1 # M3579
No, I was just tired of the fighting about the two cars, so I thought I would toss out a purposely stupid joke. Something new to fight about! I harbor no ill will or stupid sexist feelings, I just figured...why not? .....because seismic, racism, and what not are truly things to joke about because you dont choose either of those and to think that one type is subpar to another is just beyond ignorant. Anyways, thought maybe there were more older folks in here...ie ..over 40! nevermind, ill just go back to watching
Amen to that!

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Your joke fell flat because a lot of the world has moved beyond finding humor in thinly disguised put downs of others. I'm not suggesting you intentionally sent it out with that in mind, or harbor those feelings, it's just not very funny or relevant any longer.
Oh, good, I was hoping I couldn't look at a single website today without someone getting their panties in a wad.

LowFlying65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
FJG Mach1 # M3579
Oh, good, I was hoping I couldn't look at a single website today without someone getting their panties in a wad.
And I was hoping to come to this site for information on Mustangs, not bad jokes and juvenile comments.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Yet all you do it bitch.