I messed up. Gonna miss the Mustang...

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Miatas are fun till someone in a Toyota Sienna smokes your ass. Fun goes out the window at that point. Same problem the FR-S/BRZ/86 has and always will.
Sponsored

Nikko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT PP1
When I bought my mustang, the dealership just received an RF as I was finishing up the paperwork. Honestly if they had that Miata earlier and I would have been given the opportunity to test drive it, it would have made my decision on a new car a lot harder.

Enjoy the Miata, I have no doubt that you will have a ton of fun in that too.

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted a Miata - every one I tried on was too small. I'd have needed goggles to drive it with the top down. Top up would have been impossible. I tried, I really tried.
Ditto! I looked like Lurch in a clown car. Had to put the top down just to fit in it. Nice car though...

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
I came from an NC Miata and would probably be in an ND today if Mazda had been willing to paint them something other than minivan colors. They finally did orange on their 30th Anniversary Edition. My next purchase decision will be a lot tougher because I love both cars.

Stay inside until it's sunny out and then open the top and hit the back roads. If that doesn't cure it, wait until the money makes sense and come back.

Sponsored

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Life is a journey. Enjoy this flavor of the car hobby experience. If/when you want to come back there will be plenty of Mustangs to choose from.

Same advice I give to friends who are deciding whether or not to give up racing, or any other hobby. If you want to come back you can but its great to try other things.

For me, the Mustang is my "depature" experience from German and Japanese Sport cars and sedans.

Fausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caleb
Vehicle(s)
GT Prem
A good friend of mine has a 17 RF - I absolutely love it. A group of us take a trip from FL to the NC mountains twice or more a year, and we all have a blast in the Miata. The gas mileage he gets alone up there is ridiculous compared to the stang.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Miata trade? I wouldn't.....Let's talk again if they ever come out with another RX-7/8, or larger not necessarily rotary powered. But good luck with the little thing.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Great looking little car in that configuration. And I bet fairly peppy at that bantamweight.

Fetlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT MT
In my 20s I had a Fiat X/19 which was unalloyed fun to drive through twisty roads. The pure power of the Mustang is awesome, but a smaller lighter car has charms all its own.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
In my 20s I had a Fiat X/19 which was unalloyed fun to drive through twisty roads. The pure power of the Mustang is awesome, but a smaller lighter car has charms all its own.
Yeah, like when going over the George Washington bridge during a storm. That's a charm all right. All it's own, I'll tell ya. Bad enough in my RX-7.

Fetlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT MT
Yeah, like when going over the George Washington bridge during a storm. That's a charm all right. All it's own, I'll tell ya. Bad enough in my RX-7.
That sounds more like a bad choice of where to live; I'm in San Diego.

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
And here I was thinking I was the only one that did things like this.
Good to know I am not alone...
Sponsored