I hope the GT350 influences the entire automotive industry

F1-R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aliek "D12"
Vehicle(s)
16' GT350 AG Track P. w/ blk OTT stripes/b. roof
Question: WHY is this car so much better than the 86 twins?

Toyota and Subaru made a brilliant car - but it's a little slow. Same formula though.

Fun
Light
NA
Manual
Cheap for what you get.

My point is, those aren't selling well. I'm a big believer that the sound alone sold most GT350s.

8250 rpm is key too. If the GT86 spun that high it may sell better.
One word...Charisma. The twins are fun but I cannot say they are special in the same sense as the GT350 :love: And this is coming from (me) the guy that has his car sitting in a body shop since delivery day due to transport damage. I have never obsessed with a car as much as with this :headbonk:
Sponsored

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Get your cars now while you still can. Pretty soon all that will be available are e-powered autonomous crapboxes that won't let you deviate off course because "the government doesn't accept your demand to travel on a road without an intended destination, sir."
That's a fact. Doing anything for pleasure will be made illegal sooner or later anyway. Like to smoke? F*ck you. Like to drink? F*ck you. Like to f*ck? F*ck you (or not, as the case may be).

It's like that movie Demolition Man, if people enjoy themselves doing something, someone else will get all offended by it and demand that it be banned. Be Well!

I don't like spending piles of money, so I went cheap. Regular GT. But still a manual transmission, and still one hell of a fun car. Get 'em before somebody gets pissy and says "it's not FAIR that he likes to drive his car!"

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Fast doesn't always equal fun. I'd take my GT350 over my previous GTR all day.

If your accustomed to bikes, a low revving slow car probably won't work for you. An S2000 on the other hand - probably the bench mark for reasonably priced fun.
The S2000 has always been appealing but still doesnt have quite enough grunt, that and they arent the best street cars. I've almost bought one on 2 or 3 different occasions but could never pull the trigger. The GT350 is perfect, it has the rev characteristics of a bike but can still suck you into your seat. Factor in the sound it makes and thats what makes it really special.

blondie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang V6
Only if the Tesla Model 3 influences the way the automotive industry sells cars to consumers. Otherwise whats the point of making these brilliant cars when you have to struggle to find them at the price they cost? What every reviewer mentions is that its atainable and thus valid, but only at msrp.

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
Only if the Tesla Model 3 influences the way the automotive industry sells cars to consumers. Otherwise whats the point of making these brilliant cars when you have to struggle to find them at the price they cost? What every reviewer mentions is that its atainable and thus valid, but only at msrp.
Amen to that.

OP
OP

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
You do know that 99.99% of the car buying public at large doesn't think like we do, right? Sorry, but while your sentiment may be appreciated on forums like this one, you know deep in your heart that this has less than a snowball's chance in hell of ever happening.

Get your cars now while you still can. Pretty soon all that will be available are e-powered autonomous crapboxes that won't let you deviate off course because "the government doesn't accept your demand to travel on a road without an intended destination, sir."
Yes, I think we all know, hence the GT350 frenzy. One can still hope though :cheers:
Sponsored