Sponsored

I hate Christmas.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Man the stores are already full on Christmas everywhere trees and lights and snowmen and we are still 2 and half months out with 2 other holidays to go. Plus as a kid I had parents who always used Christmas a s a reason to get me the stuff they should have been getting all year ... Cloths, underwear, and once a tool box, no tools just the box. Now I have a significant other who has no spirt what so ever her idea of Christmas is to wait till the day before and go "what do you want"... if she even does that. I have no family alive to do anything with ... eh ba humbug. Lets just say special occasions have never been special for me. But hey Merry/Happy Non denominational special calibration day that lasts three months to all be over by noon on the 25th. With many credit card bills to come. Or celebrate the birth of Christ, which most religious scholars say was not even close to that date, by decorating a tree which was a pagan tradition.... man we are so messed up LOL

I think we should just call it give ungrateful kids I crap day and regifted candle to co worker day. Or the no one cares about you or putting effort into you so heres a gift card day.
Sponsored

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Stopped celebrating Christmas almost 10 years ago, pagan garbage if you research the origins of it.

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
One event at a time bro, candy time is fast approaching...lol. yours ain't as messed up as mine, I have a Jewish wife that wants to celebrate chanukah, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas...even her parents come stay for a week for CHRISTMAS . It all drives me crazy every year. Only the Halloween candy gets me through it all...lol

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Christmas is my favorite time of year

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
I look forward to Christmas. I love the joy that my kids get from it. I love the concept of Peace on Earth, Good Will Towards Men. I always try to see the good in people and try to make the world a better place. Even if I can make someone smile or do something nice to someone. Yes we fall short many times, but no harm in trying. Christmas is in your heart.

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
We host Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve every year. 20-25 ungrateful family members. 2 days of cleaning and house prep, a day of hosting, and a day of cleanup for each event. Total annual cost is around $4,000. I effing hate it and always celebrate my favorite day of the year on my own - Jan 2. I used to love it 20 years ago before we bought this house and my wife became Martha Stewart.

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
Man the stores are already full on Christmas everywhere trees and lights and snowmen and we are still 2 and half months out with 2 other holidays to go. Plus as a kid I had parents who always used Christmas a s a reason to get me the stuff they should have been getting all year ... Cloths, underwear, and once a tool box, no tools just the box. Now I have a significant other who has no spirt what so ever her idea of Christmas is to wait till the day before and go "what do you want"... if she even does that. I have no family alive to do anything with ... eh ba humbug. Lets just say special occasions have never been special for me. But hey Merry/Happy Non denominational special calibration day that lasts three months to all be over by noon on the 25th. With many credit card bills to come. Or celebrate the birth of Christ, which most religious scholars say was not even close to that date, by decorating a tree which was a pagan tradition.... man we are so messed up LOL

I think we should just call it give ungrateful kids I crap day and regifted candle to co worker day. Or the no one cares about you or putting effort into you so heres a gift card day.
Somebody needs a hug.

20181229_174231.jpg

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I look forward to Christmas. I love the joy that my kids get from it. I love the concept of Peace on Earth, Good Will Towards Men. I always try to see the good in people and try to make the world a better place. Even if I can make someone smile or do something nice to someone. Yes we fall short many times, but no harm in trying. Christmas is in your heart.
I do those things year round dont need a holiday to make me a good person.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Put me down for hating it. Both children grown, not married, and no grandchildren. My wife had an extended illness that put the onus on me for several years until she finally passed 2 1/2 years ago. I'll cook up a special meal and whoever wants to come share it is welcome. Will probably take an extra long stang ride.

Sponsored

sotek2345

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2016 F-150
Put me down as a Christmas lover - and I am an atheist! I have always loved it. Married with 2 kids (which I am sure helps), but I just really enjoy everything about the season. Putting up lights, enjoying family, the music (I know many hate it, but I love it. TSO is probably my favorite band), spoiling everyone.

We have been lucky in life, so every year we "adopt" a family (or 2) through a program at work and buy Christmas gifts or all their kids. We save for it through the year and it is one of our favorite things to do.

Also - how can you hate eggnog! Tried Alton Brown's recipe this year and about a gallon has been aging about 6 weeks so far. Looking forward to cracking them come ~Thanksgiving and enjoying through the season.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I love Christmas !

Even removing the fact that I have young kids, what better excuse do you need to buy yourself something guilt free ... ? :cwl:

It’s almost as good as the midlife crisis excuse - although I’m getting the feeling this ones wearing a bit thin with the misses now as I’ve used it three times already (free fall skydive, ironman and then the mustang) ... :cwl: :cwl: :cwl:

WD :like:

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
a32d238ab85d016bac5d52dbab728ffc.jpg

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
BIG Christmas guy here. Love the music. It starts up at the the Monday after Thanksgiving. Rat Pack Christmas is one of favs. We go every year and cut a tree down (they all complain about it, but they also secretly enjoy it). I try and make midnight mass if I can. The gift wrapping is one of the things I love to do. when wrapping things for my wife, I try and make sure the pattern in the paper follows the seams.

In the past, we've adopted a family or two, or donated to a group that has. Our church has a program where we adopt kids who have a parent in jail/prison. We would buy gifts for the child, from the parent, then deliver the gifts to the child. We try and get a picture of the child holding the wrapped present to give to the parent in custody.

And I sing along with all of the songs, both religious and secular. Out of key/tune, but I don't care. Sing loud and proud, haters go hate, don't care!
Sponsored