Sponsored

I don't mean to sound like a cheap b@$*@rd, but...

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
$533 to $625 for muffler deletes from Kooks? It's a piece of pipe something like 2' long with a 90° on one end and a tip on the other with a bracket welded to it. :frusty:
I'll protest silently with my stock exhaust!!! LOL!! :lol:
Sponsored

Kbreese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium, Black/Saddle.
Agreed that does seem pretty outrageous.

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO
You sound like I did when I went from my old '90 Fox body to my '04 GTO. Parts prices more than doubled. I thought it was a GM thing till the newer gen Fords caught up.

Welcome to the current world where stainless apparently is a precious metal.

Might look into either a Flowmaster axle back or else the new MBRP catback.

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Yeah you can have an exhaust shop do it for much less. probably just an hour's worth of labor and $100 of materials...on the high side.

KP6Five

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KP
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 5.0L Race Red
Yeah some of the manufactures and distributors are taking advantage of the market right now while the taking is good. lol Go to your local highly recommended muffler/ performance shop it will be about half of that. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
lol you should see how much the vette version of axel backs are
If you buy a Z51 you never need one. NPP option can't be beat for performance as far as the mufflers go. Prior to 2015 it was a stand alone option at $1195 for the variable exhaust.

The Corsa X pipe that removes the rear cats is $600, but it's really a mid-pipe setup.

Speed Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX w/ IRS
Cheapest/best sounding combo IMO: FRPP or Lethal Performance resonator delete with Roush axle back. Before shipping- $849. It'll be the cheapest solution for an NA applications IMO.

Last edited:

Sponsored

B-52 Jetman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT, Johnny Cash Edition
$533 to $625 for muffler deletes from Kooks? It's a piece of pipe something like 2' long with a 90° on one end and a tip on the other with a bracket welded to it. :frusty:
I'll protest silently with my stock exhaust!!! LOL!! :lol:
You're not a cheap ass...I also thought the bolt on exhaust prices are ridiculous. Did my exhaust, x-pipe, mufflers & 4" tips for $530.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Agree I don't think it's cheap at all. $1200+ for a catback is insane. Some of these parts are almost double what they should be selling for. Catbacks should be $700-800 like they always were for S197s

FreddyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 wheels and a seat
I agree that it's priced pretty high, but then again, you don't have to buy it.

There has been some good advice given as far as going to a muffler shop that you trust and let them make it for you. That's what I'd do.

In their defense though, R&D costs money. Someone has to pay for the new car that they had to buy to make that part.

Granted, they want to make their money back Quickly at that price! :D

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I agree that it's priced pretty high, but then again, you don't have to buy it.

There has been some good advice given as far as going to a muffler shop that you trust and let them make it for you. That's what I'd do.

In their defense though, R&D costs money. Someone has to pay for the new car that they had to buy to make that part.

Granted, they want to make their money back Quickly at that price! :D
A lot of companies pay people to "borrow" their cars to test new systems, and pay by letting them keep the system free. They aren't buying a company car for every $30k-80k car they cater to just to test an exhaust system on.

No way even with R&D some piping and 2 mufflers costs them even half of the $1200-1400 they are charging. Its pure greed, other years they were able to offer reasonably priced systems. It's price gouging for a new body style for no other reason