2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
where did this article say anything about returning to 55 mph on the expressways? It discusses local urban speed limits and separation of other road users, like bicycles. Not sure of your concern.
It doesn’t call out 55 but it does repeatedly mention lowering speed limits.

Tbh its probably more about fuel economy and being sold in the guise of a safety concern. They always make up some bs safety thing to get the sheep to accept something unpalatable.

OP
OP
Silver Bullitt

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
where did this article say anything about returning to 55 mph on the expressways? It discusses local urban speed limits and separation of other road users, like bicycles. Not sure of your concern.
It doesn’t specifically mention 55, but I guarantee they aren’t just thinking urban only. Without checking statistics, I’d bet most deaths occur on highways/interstates.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Silver Bullitt

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
2021 data should be released soon, but 2020 showed the following. Speed seems to be a common thread.

Crash factors and demographics reviewed by NHTSA that showed the largest increases in 2020 as compared to 2019 included:

• non-Hispanic Black people (up 23%);
  • occupant ejection (up 20%);
  • unrestrained occupants of passenger vehicles (up 15%);
  • on urban interstates (up 15%);
  • on urban local/collector roads (up 12%);
  • in speeding-related crashes (up 11%);
  • on rural local/collector roads (up 11%);
  • during nighttime (up 11%);
  • during the weekend (up 9%);
  • in rollover crashes (up 9%);
  • in single-vehicle crashes (up 9%) and;
  • in police-reported alcohol involvement crashes (up 9%).

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; Here is a possible way some cars will be in the not-so-distant future. I am thinking of self-driving cars or whatever approaches self-driving. My guess is they will have to be programed to follow the speed limits.
With the GPS and other information, the computers will know pretty close where each speed limit starts, stops and changes.

Joe Mac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 350

Attachments

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i

Sponsored

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
The inability of supposed "grown ups" to understand the concepts of tradeoffs is truly mind boggling. Too few people value freedom today. And remember, one way or another, life will kill ya.

Zero deaths, I'd be happy if for once the government actually did what they said they'd do and maintained our roads and bridges. Priorities.

Pittsburgh has 446 bridges of which 40% are in poor condition. Meanwhile 40 yrs of leadership (I think you know which political party) has diverted "dedicated" funds to art projects, bike lanes and to incentivize tech companies to move there. The bridge that just collapsed was set to be restored in 2016 but instead of replacing the rusted out supports they diverted the money to bike lanes, green energy programs and lanes for self driving cars. California's high speed rail project is the perfect example of how government lost its ability to get anything done with the exception of demanding more money for things that will inevitably NEVER GET DONE.

Sorry for the rant but driving on my local roads has become a not so fun game of dodge the potholes. Priorities.

food_fanaticz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT Premium
The inability of supposed "grown ups" to understand the concepts of tradeoffs is truly mind boggling. Too few people value freedom today. And remember, one way or another, life will kill ya.

Zero deaths, I'd be happy if for once the government actually did what they said they'd do and maintained our roads and bridges. Priorities.

Pittsburgh has 446 bridges of which 40% are in poor condition. Meanwhile 40 yrs of leadership (I think you know which political party) has diverted "dedicated" funds to art projects, bike lanes and to incentivize tech companies to move there. The bridge that just collapsed was set to be restored in 2016 but instead of replacing the rusted out supports they diverted the money to bike lanes, green energy programs and lanes for self driving cars. California's high speed rail project is the perfect example of how government lost its ability to get anything done with the exception of demanding more money for things that will inevitably NEVER GET DONE.

Sorry for the rant but driving on my local roads has become a not so fun game of dodge the potholes. Priorities.
Sometimes I wonder if our government officials live in a fantasy land.no common sense lol

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
if the quote is accurate “Today we commit that our goal is this: zero. Our goal is zero deaths," Buttigieg said. Plain ignorance, this in literally impossible, aiming for something that cannot be achieved. The only way this is possible is to no remove all cars, perhaps that is the ultimate goal. Idiocracy here we come....
Sponsored