Sponsored

I backed out of my order, wanted some advice on how I should handle this

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
The dealers with ADMs will sells more mustangs by just having it in the showroom, they don't all want it to swing them for a larger markup.
Sponsored

TxShelby350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 TP
I hope the salesman who ordered the car for you gets his cut of that 9k the ordering dealer is getting!

OP
OP

chrsschb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 WRX
I hope the salesman who ordered the car for you gets his cut of that 9k the ordering dealer is getting!
I never dealt with a salesman, always the GM.

Man, shocking that receiving dealer feels $9k over is a wholesale price. That's just crazy.
The receiving dealer is local I may swing by and look at it whenever it arrives :D

OP
OP

chrsschb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 WRX
Wanted to give you an update on the car, the dealer we thought we had it sold to backed out of the deal. We are going to be bringing the car back North. I apologize for not getting your deposit sent out to you prior to this I've ben out of town. We think have a home for the car and if you'd be willing to pay half on freight that would work for me. If I've got someone on the line for it, you shouldn't have to pay the full tab. If you've got any questions please let me know.
Awfully convenient.

I have this queued up to send:

I had a buyer lined up willing to buy at MSRP and pay shipping and you passed in favor of more money. I can understand from a business perspective but now that burden lies with you.

Please send my deposit back asap and stop conveniently holding off on it.

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Wholesale at 9K over?

Well spoke with the GM again and he informed me the receiving dealer offered him $9K over to keep it so he's going that route.
I would seriously question the validity of this statement. Unless it was an "R", it just simply doesn't make sense. No sir, that turd just won't flush.

Sponsored

OP
OP

chrsschb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 WRX
I would seriously question the validity of this statement. Unless it was an "R", it just simply doesn't make sense. No sir, that turd just won't flush.
Well it doesn't matter now cause the deal flopped. :lol:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I'd simply send them a certified letter explaining that you are over playing games and that you request the contact information for their in-house counsel. That should raise an eyebrow.

Wes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Sounds like a bunch of nonsense. I'd send something similar to what you said, without any snark. Stay professional. "Because the deal was not completed, please refund my refundable deposit within 7 days". And if you have any more issues, I'd spend a couple hundred and have an attorney advise and handle it from here.

OP
OP

chrsschb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 WRX
Sounds like a bunch of nonsense. I'd send something similar to what you said, without any snark. Stay professional. "Because the deal was not completed, please refund my refundable deposit within 7 days". And if you have any more issues, I'd spend a couple hundred and have an attorney advise and handle it from here.
Thankfully I'm military so I have access to some free legal counsel. While they can't represent us officially they are authorized to advise. The lawyer I spoke to said based on all the documentation I have (order form, price agreement, form stating deposit was refundable, etc) he does not feel I am liable for any of the dealer's expenses. I think this is pretty much what we all knew anyways, but I wanted to make sure.

I sent him short version of what the lawyer said to me and we'll see if he plays ball or tries to be a dick.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Id tell him to get bent, he obviously has a buyer at over MSRP locally otherwise he could easily have it sold at MSRP at the delivery dealer. Hes just trying to guilt trip you to pad his pocket further.

I would simply offer to find at buyer at MSRP per the original deal, if he does not like that, he can ship the car back at his expense.

Sponsored
OP
OP

chrsschb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 WRX
I would simply offer to find at buyer at MSRP per the original deal, if he does not like that, he can ship the car back at his expense.
I had one lined up from this forum and the dealer declined. I told the lawyer this as well. :thumbsup:

Wes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Excellent and good luck with it. Dealers think they hold all the cards, without customers they don't have a business. I inquired a special order vehicle and was advised on a forum that I "had no leverage as it's special order". You're kidding right, I can just not buy at all, that's all the leverage I need. Paying over MSRP is giving all the leverage to a dealer.
Sponsored