Sponsored

I am Seeking Advise - What Would You Do?

Mustang406

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
A Convertible is definitely appealing. Although, I'd say I love the look of the Fastback just a little more. Roads are ok here, and I never been to the track before - Would love to, and I'm sure it's a ton of fun but just never had the chance when I was living in Dubai. It's the price increase mainly that's off-putting.

I must sound like a spoiled cocky person, with my first world problems. You are absolutely right about the combination though. It will definitely be one unique Mustang that's for sure. And that's what's appealing to me the most. The uniqueness. I have no problem with the color at all. In fact, I think Oxford White is great looking, especially on a convertible. As I mentioned earlier, it's the big jump in price. Adding the convertible + MagneRide, means increased GST and Luxury Car Tax.

This Convertible is the only one and the only way to get the MagneRide. If I don't go for it, it'll be the Cyber Orange Fastback.
If you aren't in love with the convertible and actually prefer the fastback then why not get the orange CS? At the end of the day it is your money. Is 15k worth it to have possibly the most exclusive CS/PP/MR/Convertible? Or is a pretty rare orange CS that you might actually like more a better option and save the 15k?

gpierce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Yes, verts are more money. SOOOOOO worth it though:) Also skip magneride, not worth it on a vert in my opinion as I skipped it.

Also keep in mind while it's true its getting up there with Mach 1 pricing, you don't get lane guidance, adaptive cruise etc with those. I paid 77K new for mine in 2020, obviously not a CS though.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
If you aren't in love with the convertible and actually prefer the fastback then why not get the orange CS? At the end of the day it is your money. Is 15k worth it to have possibly the most exclusive CS/PP/MR/Convertible? Or is a pretty rare orange CS that you might actually like more a better option and save the 15k?
So long as Khaled doesn't get buyers remorse, I agree with you. I drove cars with and without it. For my purposes I did feel the need the spend for it.

Sponsored

Mustang406

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
So long as Khaled doesn't get buyers remorse, I agree with you. I drove cars with and without it. For my purposes I did feel the need the spend for it.
Having something exclusive means a lot to people though. The most exclusive option for a lot of people is very appealing.

OP
OP
Kashawy

Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT, 2012 Black Golf GTi
Yeah I don't want no remorse. This is what happens when I have different choices. I'm honestly torn.

Here's a very important question. How fun is a convertible? Never had one before. Will the top be down regularly, and will I look like a douchebag driving a convertible? :giggle:

Having something exclusive means a lot to people though. The most exclusive option for a lot of people is very appealing.
Exclusivity is nice, I'm not gunna lie. It's appealing, but it's not exactly the deciding factor.

I'm not saying I hate convertibles, I just never considered one for whatever reason. I guess living in Dubai, it was always very hot to have the top down. And now that I'm in Australia, it rains a lot.

Yes, verts are more money. SOOOOOO worth it though:) Also skip magneride, not worth it on a vert in my opinion as I skipped it.

Also keep in mind while it's true its getting up there with Mach 1 pricing, you don't get lane guidance, adaptive cruise etc with those. I paid 77K new for mine in 2020, obviously not a CS though.
How often do you drive with the top down, and what part of Australia are you at?

Mustang406

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Yeah I don't want no remorse. This is what happens when I have different choices. I'm honestly torn.

Here's a very important question. How fun is a convertible? Never had one before. Will the top be down regularly, and will I look like a douchebag driving a convertible? :giggle:

Exclusivity is nice, I'm not gunna lie. It's appealing, but it's not exactly the deciding factor.

I'm not saying I hate convertibles, I just never considered one for whatever reason. I guess living in Dubai, it was always very hot to have the top down. And now that I'm in Australia, it rains a lot.
I get that. Dubai is extremely hot I spent some time there. I personally don't like convertibles so for me the orange CS would be the obvious choice.

gpierce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
I drive with the top down as often as possible. I only drive it a couple times a week though but at least one of those is with the top down. Pretty much any time itā€™s not raining and temp is above 12:) I live in Sydney.

OP
OP
Kashawy

Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
What the hell, I've decided to go with the Convertible. I don't want buyer's remorse, and it's got everything I need and wanted. Being Convertible is a bonus.

I also have the choice to change the color if I'd like.

Sponsored

gpierce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
What the hell, I've decided to go with the Convertible. I don't want buyer's remorse, and it's got everything I need and wanted. Being Convertible is a bonus.

I also have the choice to change the color if I'd like.
Sweet. And your first mod should beā€¦ā€¦The SmartTop module. There is a thread on it in the convertible section. Among other things allows one touch top open after you unlatch it.

OP
OP
Kashawy

Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
Sweet. And your first mod should beā€¦ā€¦The SmartTop module. There is a thread on it in the convertible section. Among other things allows one touch top open after you unlatch it.
I'll definitely check it out. Thanks mate.

OP
OP
Kashawy

Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
I feel your pain as it is a difficult decision. But look at it this way. The S550 California Special was never made available with the Performance Package before 2022. Because of this you can finally get MagneRide with a CS. Now add the fact that youā€™re talking about a vert, so thereā€™s even more money (there is no Mach 1 vert).

OK, now for the closer. This combination has never, ever been offered in Australia before. It could be a one and done. Thereā€™s a lot to be said about that.

So if you really want to try a vert and do not feel your settling for Oxford White, go for it. If the pocketbook allows it go for MF. If for no other reason that if you donā€™t you might regret it.

Now if a vert isnā€™t really calling you then youā€™re back to GB or CO. IMHO, Iā€™d go for the uniqueness of GB but you love CO and, if I remember, it has MR go for it.

The good news is whichever you choose you can join my Facebook club, California Special Worldwide Mustang Club.šŸ‘
I actually can change the color if Iā€™d like. Iā€™m still going for Oxford White. I think itā€™s one of the best on the Convertible.

Ps. I just joined your group šŸ˜‰

Mustang406

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I actually can change the color if Iā€™d like. Iā€™m still going for Oxford White. I think itā€™s one of the best on the Convertible.

Ps. I just joined your group šŸ˜‰
Post some pictures when you get it!

OP
OP
Kashawy

Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)