Sponsored

HPDE at Dominion

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I was looking at an HPDE event at Dominion with the WDCR SCCA in June. I attended a WDCR SCCA event last year at Summit Point and it was a lot of fun. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with Dominion. Is it a good facility?

Thanks!
Sponsored

SgdriskillGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
I like Dominion, been there a few times. The track is fun for sure, very interesting with a couple little technical parts. The only thing people complain about are the concrete barriers around some sections, it can be unnerving.

The building with the grill, etc for lunch is super nice.

I recommend giving it a try. I’m going to attend at least one HPDE there this year.

OP
OP
matthewr87

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I like Dominion, been there a few times. The track is fun for sure, very interesting with a couple little technical parts. The only thing people complain about are the concrete barriers around some sections, it can be unnerving.

The building with the grill, etc for lunch is super nice.

I recommend giving it a try. I’m going to attend at least one HPDE there this year.
Cool thanks for the feedback. What about the actual track? I've read that it is quite bumpy in places because it is sinking in areas. Was that your experience?

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
It is good to know there's a track in the area other than just Summit Point. I'll be sure to check it out.

SgdriskillGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
Cool thanks for the feedback. What about the actual track? I've read that it is quite bumpy in places because it is sinking in areas. Was that your experience?
I did not notice it being bumpy. There is a little drop when you go under the bridge if you're booking it, but I didn't notice any other particularly bumpy parts of the track.
Sponsored