Sponsored

How's your dealership experience been with ordering your 350?

shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Shelby GT500
That being said, I'm with this guy. Me being a salesman myself, I feel what he is saying.
I completely understand the dealership view on ADM, but (in my mind) it shows greed and I would not buy any vehicle from them in the future no matter how good the deal may be... As long as the dealer treats me fairly I will be a loyal customer.
Sponsored

Last edited:

350Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 C10 2021 GT PP M6
I can't see how you can be correct here. Could you be specific about what exactly you think is happening that doesn't fall under capitalism?

Just curious as to your thinking. I, like I'm sure most of us have taken an economics course as part of the general education requirements in college. Very simple stuff and not hard to understand - at least the basics. Of course that was 25+ years ago..
I thought this might help.
image.jpeg

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
The ADM issue is nothing compared to the mass-confusion about who has what allocation. Get the cars first, then we can worry about what to pay for them.

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
A free company like Ford using its imagination,creativity,and engineering prowess produces a car and sets an invoice price and MSRP. How do they arrive at that figure? They factor in material costs, labor costs, capital investment costs, a fair profit, etc. That is capitalism.
Dealer #1 sells that car factoring in those same variables for itself. Again, that is capitalism.
Dealer #2 says I have something you want so I'm going to stick it to you regardless of those variables. You can call this many things (the law of the jungle, dishonesty, greed, etc.) but don't call it capitalism. Otherwise you get the parody in the above cartoon.
There is no inherent justification to jack up prices because of high demand and low supply. Otherwise Ford itself would have done it, and they didn't, did they?
It is funny how all the people lamenting ADM discussion are the same ones constantly justifying them. Personally I could care less if someone pays ADM or not, even those who say they won't and then do. I just wish people would be honest about dishonesty and not confuse sound moral economic principles with greed. Where do you think the grist for the Bernie Sanders of the world comes from?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

Sponsored

dbatech99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac G8 GXP
You guys are lucky if you are finding these at sticker. We just found out about having a 2016 R allocation.
My dealership is going to be asking 20k over sticker for the GT350R allocation we have.

We are the only dealership in Baton Rouge, LA with an allocation.
And if they find some sucker to pay it, he or she is stupid...IMO when you can have the new z06 for the same money. It's a superior car when you get into that range.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
You guys are lucky if you are finding these at sticker. We just found out about having a 2016 R allocation.
My dealership is going to be asking 20k over sticker for the GT350R allocation we have.
We are the only dealership in Baton Rouge, LA with an allocation.
I LOVE the R car, but I will not pay more than 2k in ADM. I love the car, but not that much. lol
I'm "hoping" the pricing doesn't get too out of control.

whysoblu

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.whysoblu.com
Vehicle(s)
2006 GT Premium, 2015 GT Premium 50th Ann. Edition
I've been calling around to dealers in Texas and I still can't even get people to call me back or reply to me about the 350, not the R.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I thought this might help.
So in other words, no you can't explain what you mean specifically. Gotcha.

Asking and getting are two different things. That's the heart of capitalism (the buyers' decisions).

350Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 C10 2021 GT PP M6
A free company like Ford using its imagination,creativity,and engineering prowess produces a car and sets an invoice price and MSRP. How do they arrive at that figure? They factor in material costs, labor costs, capital investment costs, a fair profit, etc. That is capitalism.
Dealer #1 sells that car factoring in those same variables for itself. Again, that is capitalism.
Dealer #2 says I have something you want so I'm going to stick it to you regardless of those variables. You can call this many things (the law of the jungle, dishonesty, greed, etc.) but don't call it capitalism. Otherwise you get the parody in the above cartoon.
There is no inherent justification to jack up prices because of high demand and low supply. Otherwise Ford itself would have done it, and they didn't, did they?
It is funny how all the people lamenting ADM discussion are the same ones constantly justifying them. Personally I could care less if someone pays ADM or not, even those who say they won't and then do. I just wish people would be honest about dishonesty and not confuse sound moral economic principles with greed. Where do you think the grist for the Bernie Sanders of the world comes from?
Well said!

Sponsored

armsdealer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue Mustang GT Premium PP2
Dealers are dealing on GT350's in Baton Rouge/New Orleans area. Had a few get CLOSE to sticker. 2015 GT with PP and Supercharger will be cheaper and faster. But that suspension though...

350Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 C10 2021 GT PP M6
So in other words, no you can't explain what you mean specifically. Gotcha.

I don't think I need to explain. Sorry you missed it. :lol:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Dealers are dealing on GT350's in Baton Rouge/New Orleans area. Had a few get CLOSE to sticker. 2015 GT with PP and Supercharger will be cheaper and faster. But that suspension though...
It's all in what you like. A Coyote with a supercharger will make more power, but to me the Voodoo will still be way cooler.

whysoblu

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.whysoblu.com
Vehicle(s)
2006 GT Premium, 2015 GT Premium 50th Ann. Edition
May I ask what dealers? I can possibly pull of New Orleans from Texas.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
But it's not a GT 350 and never will. Yeah a Gt350 is all about heritage. :ford:
What kind of deals are they doing ? It took me three months and a lot of leg work to get a good deal. Members on here were a great help also.
Sponsored