How to "valet" your car for dealer service

Turbo Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP
Anyone with an aftermarket tuner can place a very low rev limit on the engine - say 2,500RPM, that should do it.

Should also be able to place a speed limit of anything desired.
Sponsored

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Just install a dash cam and replay it when you pick it up. The Mykey does nothing to stop them from launching it, burning tires etc... I wish it limited more but it doesn't. Like take rain/snow to the extreme by limiting throttle response like crazy. It could be done for sure...
+1 dashcam. 99% of valets don't notice dash cam, and I just review the footage afterwards.
[ame]

JoeySperz

@ShadowCoyote
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT
when I was working as a Ford Tech, I've seen some very hilarious things people have done to "protect" their car from damage from Techs.
The best one I have ever seen is when a guy taped a paper bag over his a/c and radio control.... when asked, they guy responded he didn't want the tech using up all of his songs and cold air.:lol:
Also, as other have stated...
the MyKey is a very good idea. always have two Master keys and a third myKey. (smart keys don't like washing machines):tsk:
Do not set the speed limit too low if your bringing in your car for something that needs a road test, it becomes a safety hazard and you have to make a second trip to the delaership
There is no way to disable the MyKey once you program it?

olla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just think it's pointless honestly. If the dealer guy wants to rip it and burn tire the mykey is not going to prevent that. Most people like to do the 0-60 so mykey will let them do that. Some others like to burn tires and mykey will let them do that too. A lot of people like to do donuts while burning tire.

Soooooo.

Now, if you have kids that's a whole different scenario and very helpful so they don't slam themselves in a post, tree, etc. going 100mph.

The mykey was designed for kids in mind not for your dealership mechanic.
Sponsored

Last edited: