HOW TO: Swap PP gauges into standard model

Grey16gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2016 magnetic Mustang GT premium non performance p
Yes if you have the premium package the base doesn't have the same oil sending unit you would ha e to change look it up on the first posting
I do have the premium and I have seen the video of the guy's oil pressure gage ccoming alive after his tuner sent him a revised tune and no oil low pressure light on his dash. So what i was wondering was if anyone new what his tuner added to his tune to bring the oil pressure gage alive
Sponsored

T1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT
You and I are in the same boat Grey16GT, I'm doing some checking with some of my contacts to get this working also, if I get if figured out, I'll be sure to let you know and if you would please let me know if you figure anything out I would appreciate it.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
..and you both please let us know if you guys will be able to sort this out :)

Grey16gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
You and I are in the same boat Grey16GT, I'm doing some checking with some of my contacts to get this working also, if I get if figured out, I'll be sure to let you know and if you would please let me know if you figure anything out I would appreciate it.
Will do

Sponsored

Grey16gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Yes I have a premium but oil pressure gage is dead

T1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT
Same for me, I have a GT premium but oil gauge is dead

15onBOOST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOW n Sleek
Check if all is properly spliced before you assemble together.Take your time. Unless gauge defective used or new. Easy way find friend who has local and test with theirs

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
the cable that carry signal for oil pressure to the gauges is the same tha carry signal fot the vac\boost so if this works, cable splicing is good.
Oil gauge is not working on all cars, except for tuned ones.

ghostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2017 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Check if all is properly spliced before you assemble together.Take your time. Unless gauge defective used or new. Easy way find friend who has local and test with theirs
15onBOOST, Since your gauges are working without a tune, I am curious if your ecoboost a base or premium?

Sponsored

Ashiq73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6 Speed Magnetic Metallic
[MENTION=6944]zackmd1[/MENTION]

After seeing you installing aftermarket gauges in the same space as the OEM gauges, I am now interested in doing that.

Did you ever get the 2nd gauge installed and working, I believe you stated it was on its way.

So what I wanted to find out is, how do the new gauges wire up? Do we have to follow the original write up on this thread to wire up the aftermarket gauges from speed hut?

Also, which gauges did you order again? Oil Pressure I think was one of them?

Thanks

TheMagneticV6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Performance Pack premium
Hey guys so I have a GT350 dash panel and the Ecoboost PP gauges with the wiring harness up for grabs for $300 if anyone wants it.
If anyone is interested PM me for pics and I'll get them to you asap

Grey16gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
the cable that carry signal for oil pressure to the gauges is the same tha carry signal fot the vac\boost so if this works, cable splicing is good.
Oil gauge is not working on all cars, except for tuned ones.
Member t1000 figured this out and his oil pressure gauge is now working fine he sent me the information today I'm going to go through it and post it his friend works at Ford and is some sort of tech for them so this stuff maybe over my head I made need you guys to help me make sense of it all. But the long and short of it is everything that's posted at the beginning of this thread is exactly what needs to be done but the reason for the low oil pressure light that some guys are getting and the gauge being dead is there are two pins that are switched between the non-performance and the performance pack and when these pins are switched to the proper location from the non-performance to like the performance pack is the gauge comes alive and works fine after the pins are switched is where you need a tuner to switch them in your tune T1000 explains that in the note he sent me which I will post also

Last edited:

Grey16gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
..and you both please let us know if you guys will be able to sort this out :)
Ok here are the pictures and the message t1000 sent me
rps20170814_193212.jpg
rps20170814_193309.jpg
rps20170814_193324.jpg
rps20170814_193250.jpg
Sponsored