hamzah596

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
My tuner was able to turn the oil pressure in the cluster! But I am getting the low oil pressure symbol. Any input?
D53FCF10-AC74-4BAC-BF9B-1E575D518AB8.jpeg

hamzah596

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
My tuner said that i didnt install the harness needed. Cause its either eop1 or eop2 and I already had both. He thinks there is another harness needed or a different harness that reads oil pressure properly. can anyone direct me to the harness? I have not seen it.

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks!! I followed this for a while and stopped. I added digital dash and now my oil is reading nothing but that’s normal. I’m wondering if Lund turns it on if my digital dash starts reading it?
Yes, Lund can turn it on for you

Sponsored

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
My tuner said that i didnt install the harness needed. Cause its either eop1 or eop2 and I already had both. He thinks there is another harness needed or a different harness that reads oil pressure properly. can anyone direct me to the harness? I have not seen it.
When I opened up the dash there was only one connector so I don't know what to tell you?

hamzah596

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
When I opened up the dash there was only one connector so I don't know what to tell you?
I read on the other forum as well that a new sending unit harness is not needed. But, in my case I did not even add the gauge. The gauge works but the oil pressure light is there

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
Okay so I've completed 2 outta 4 tasks.

1. Get the gauges AND the trim pieces. Pieces were way harder to find here, as some ppl refuse to send to Europe, or even send at all.

2. Install on the car, and get it to fit physically.

3. Understand all this wiring and where to get the harness I need.

4. Get a tune so the Oil Pressure will work. I've installed the digital cluster screen, and that one show zero oil pressure reading. So I hope to get both working.

At first I thought I could wire it from behind the screen. As my car is a '17 export GT, I had no hopes the harness would somehow magically be there. But reading about the pin numbers and splicing, my understanding was that the I could tap into that harness, behind the 8" screen, but that only goes to 54 pins, I now I've read about a number 57 pin, out in the engine bay.

Can someone explain it to me again. I've read both these two long threads, and now my head hurts from all this information. :headbang::headbang:

Any help is greatly appreciated :please:
IMG_0143.JPG
IMG_0140.JPG
IMG_0141.JPG

FlabbyCouch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randall
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Palm Beach Dyno is telling me it won’t work unless I get a PP oil pressure sending unit (the transducer type). Can anyone verify that this is or isn’t needed? Looking at this entire thread it doesn’t seem like anyone needed it. Maybe it would get rid of the low oil pressure warning?

Sponsored

_eco_beast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang
Anyone with a 18+ EB successfully intall these gauges and have there tuner turn it on to get oil psi working ? My tuner has turned them on using a cobb ap and the oil psi still doesn't work . I had the plug already in the car behind the radio.. I traced the wiring from the gauges down to the back of the apim making sure it's all connected and is.

hotcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1969 Mustang vert restomod, 69 SS Camaro
My completed install! :headbang:

For those wondering, I created my own brushed aluminum performance package dash. The OEM mustang panels are in fact real aluminum!
IMG_20151221_123146.jpg
IMG_20151221_123150.jpg
IMG_20151220_190800.jpg
IMG_20151220_190815.jpg
Hi Zack,
Well done mate brilliant job mate. My 18 GT only has a low oil warning light it does not read oil pressure. I'm assuming I would need to install an oil pressure sender to suit the PP oil gauge. I've googled looking for this sensor but I can't find it. I'm in OZ so none of our Ford dealers know anything about it.
John

swinetune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79.85.86.88 Pontiac Transam, 2011 SV6
Hi Zack,
Well done mate brilliant job mate. My 18 GT only has a low oil warning light it does not read oil pressure. I'm assuming I would need to install an oil pressure sender to suit the PP oil gauge. I've googled looking for this sensor but I can't find it. I'm in OZ so none of our Ford dealers know anything about it.
John
Hi John,

I'm from Melbourne and doing the same modification, you will need ...

Wire Assemblywpt10661$30.79Shipped6797689113
Oil Pressure Sending Unitcm5z9d290b1$23.01Shipped6797689113

These were purchased from Tasca Parts in the USA.
It is a hassle of a job putting the wire to the PCM connector though.

Good Luck,
Matt

hotcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1969 Mustang vert restomod, 69 SS Camaro
Hi John,

I'm from Melbourne and doing the same modification, you will need ...

Wire Assemblywpt10661$30.79Shipped6797689113
Oil Pressure Sending Unitcm5z9d290b1$23.01Shipped6797689113

These were purchased from Tasca Parts in the USA.
It is a hassle of a job putting the wire to the PCM connector though.

Good Luck,
Matt
Hi Matt,

Really good to hear from you mate. Thanks for the info really appreciated. I get the APIM connection from Zack’s diagram however looks easy. I do not get how to connect the 3-wire oil sender. Zack does explain it in his thread but I don’t understand it at all. Have you worked this part out? I’m still trying to work out exactly where to cut the LHD PP dash to make it fit in the RHD dash. Because the inner gauge holes doesn’t fit the RHD piece all 4 need to be transferred over, takes a bit of working out.

John.

swinetune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79.85.86.88 Pontiac Transam, 2011 SV6
Hi Matt,

Really good to hear from you mate. Thanks for the info really appreciated. I get the APIM connection from Zack’s diagram however looks easy. I do not get how to connect the 3-wire oil sender. Zack does explain it in his thread but I don’t understand it at all. Have you worked this part out? I’m still trying to work out exactly where to cut the LHD PP dash to make it fit in the RHD dash. Because the inner gauge holes doesn’t fit the RHD piece all 4 need to be transferred over, takes a bit of working out.

John.
I have a template of what to cut out with a dremel, which you can use on both dashes. The existing oil pressure sender needs to be changed out to the 3 wire one, unless you can mount it elsewhere. I mounted mine to the oil cooler modification blanking plate. Either way, you will need to add and slice wiring to the pcm. The pcm is a PITA because it has shear head bolts and loctite on the wiring connection cover.
Sponsored