Sponsored

HOW TO: Swap PP gauges into standard model

asci01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50th Anniversary & 50 LE
Where do you get pin 57 from? The apim on the back of the sync screen only goes up to 54 I believe. So which harness has pin 57?
I believe he’s referring to the PCM connector not the apim. In my case, My oil pressure gauge works after the tune. No need to change the original oil sensor or rewire anything at the PCM.
Sponsored

asci01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I’d like to post that Bama came though for me. They figured out how to make the OP gauge work with my 2015 Mustang GT Premium and NO oil pressure light come on in my center cluster. All is working great. Hats off to Ryan McDonald at Bama tuning support. Some of the guys I spoke to before getting Ryan to help me didn’t understand what I was trying to explain maybe. Because they thought it wasn’t within there perimeters that it could be changed but from my understanding Ryan is one of the top guys there and he apologized for the confusion and did some magic and got the gauge working.
Great!

asci01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is great. Didn’t have to do any rewiring or anything. It was all in the tune he sent me.
Yep. Once the gauges are wired correctly, (Unless the car has already the plug hidden like some models do) No pcm rewiring and no new oil sensor (at least for the premium GT) It’s all in the tune.

Jon 5.0 2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Yep. Once the gauges are wired correctly, (Unless the car has already the plug hidden like some models do) No pcm rewiring and no new oil sensor (at least for the premium GT) It’s all in the tune.
Yeah, I had to wire the plug in. My production date sticker on the driver side door well says 10/14. I guess I bought mine a little too early. But I couldn’t resist. Had to have her. Thanks for all the help and advice. I also asked BAMA for a ghost tune. Wanted to post a short video but I can only upload a photo it seems.

Sponsored

asci01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I had to wire the plug in. My production date sticker on the driver side door well says 10/14. I guess I bought mine a little too early. But I couldn’t resist. Had to have her. Thanks for all the help and advice. I also asked BAMA for a ghost tune. Wanted to post a short video but I can only upload a photo it seems.
What’s a ghost tune?

Jon 5.0 2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
What’s a ghost tune?
It’s a tune that makes it sound like you have performance cams in the engine. Actually called a ghost cam tune. But it’s not good if you have stock exhaust. They say it burns out the cats after a while. I have BBK long tube headers with high flow mid pipe cats but I’m considering changing the mid pipes to cat less. But all the tuners are making them.

Kr33p302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
Would you happen to have a video you could post ?

Jon 5.0 2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I can do a video. What do you want me to video?
Also I’ve been reading a lot from this thread and am noticing that the only blocks that are being written are 720 & 724. Are those the only 2 that need to be re-written? I’ve also been looking for Vin #’s of GT Premium models with manual transmissions. And I have found a few with same 401A package like mine. Even was able to read a window sticker and it had the same features as mine accept for maybe the heated steering wheel, auto high beam and safety braking. I looked at the as built data and all have same amount. 724 has 11 and 720 has 20. Would I be able to copy them to the one I find. And if that doesn’t work out I can by a program sheet from you. Would that be ok with you? I would buy the kit from you but the 1900 is a bit out of reach for me. I just got to much going on right now. I understand you can’t come down anymore on your price but I’m hoping you can help me out if I get stuck after and if I find all the parts I need. Thank you.

Last edited:

Jon 5.0 2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Oh man sorry, I was having a conversation with another member about cluster swapping to the digital one. That’s to funny.
I tried to upload a video but I couldn’t. You can try YouTube. I put one up there. Black mustang with matte black stripes With red boarder.

Sponsored

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
Broked the tabs on the back of the center pack gauges.
Do you guys have a part number for it?
20200201_105224.jpg

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
Broked the tabs on the back of the center pack gauges.
Do you guys have a part number for it?
20200201_105224.jpg
Don't have part# but I wouldn't worry about it, plenty of tabs on the trim piece to compensate for missing tab on gauge.

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
Well, I’d like to post that Bama came though for me. They figured out how to make the OP gauge work with my 2015 Mustang GT Premium and NO oil pressure light come on in my center cluster. All is working great. Hats off to Ryan McDonald at Bama tuning support. Some of the guys I spoke to before getting Ryan to help me didn’t understand what I was trying to explain maybe. Because they thought it wasn’t within there perimeters that it could be changed but from my understanding Ryan is one of the top guys there and he apologized for the confusion and did some magic and got the gauge working.
I need to get my OP gauge enabled

Jon 5.0 2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I need to get my OP gauge enabled
Only way is with a tune. If you have a tuner and subscription to sct or Bama call them and tell them what you did and they can activate the op gauge for you.
Sponsored