Sponsored

How to remove passenger side spark plugs on 2018 up?

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
My old 2016 service manual doesn't have the info on getting to the spark plugs on bank1. On my 2019 the high pressure fuel pump and some other stuff is in the way. Looking for a guide, service manual pages, or video on how to do this. Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
You have to play with different size/length swivel extensions ranging from 1/4 to 3/8. It can be a bit of a PITA to do on that side. Do not use a spark plug socket, because if it gets stuck on the plug and detaches from your extension, it’ll be even more difficult to get the socket and plug out of the hole. Use the appropriate size metric socket to loosen the plugs, followed by the spark plug boot to pull it out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
You have to play with different size/length swivel extensions ranging from 1/4 to 3/8. It can be a bit of a PITA to do on that side. Do not use a spark plug socket, because if it gets stuck on the plug and detaches from your extension, it’ll be even more difficult to get the socket and plug out of the hole. Use the appropriate size metric socket to loosen the plugs, followed by the spark plug boot to pull it out.
I'm talking about getting TO the plugs. All that shit is in the way on the passenger side. How to properly remove the HPFP and other stuff around the coil packs.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I'm talking about getting TO the plugs. All that shit is in the way on the passenger side. How to properly remove the HPFP and other stuff around the coil packs.
I didn’t remove the HPFR on mine, just the coil packs. I recall reading where some people ran into issues removing the bracket for the HPFR and ran into trouble breaking bolts.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I did remove the Strut Tower Brace to gain easier access to the coil packs.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Hopefully you can see here in these pics, that they are accessible without removing the HPFR.

CB0906ED-3360-4D7C-A074-60D1BA83FCAE.jpeg

B35AB8C5-CF53-492D-A6E2-BFFCB8DB898F.jpeg

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
That helps a lot! The fuel pump is underneath a foam block. Fuel pump should stay but how do you remove the foam block? It looks like it is covering the two middle plug tubes.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
That helps a lot! The fuel pump is underneath a foam block. Fuel pump should stay but how do you remove the foam block? It looks like it is covering the two middle plug tubes.
I just used one hand to pull back the foam block and push it aside and the other to pull the coil pack off. No need to remove the foam.

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I just used one hand to pull back the foam block and push it aside and the other to pull the coil pack off. No need to remove the foam.
Thanks! I will give this a shot.

Bullit69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Same as above. I did not need to remove the hpfp. Happy wrenching!
Sponsored