CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Man I hate that for you. I did the GT350 swap with LU47 injectors. Lund redid my flex tune with a remote flex tune. With the mani swap I shaved 3/10 off QM and picked up 3 mph in the QM. It pulls strong low and is very strong on top end. Kept the factory TB which required an adapter kit. Hope this picture helps. I did reroute the wires since this picture. After reviewing the picture there is some differences routing the vacuum hoses. Not sure if it makes a difference.
Mustang manifold swap 3.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, it pretty much sucked... The car did make a very small peak gain of 11 hp, but that includes both the cams and the intake manifold. It actually lost hp and torque all the way up to 6,000 RPM.
That sucks. With cams as well!! I’ve not run mine on the dyno yet but I lost a little torque down low which is to be expected. The big difference comes with real world performance though. I compared my data logs before and after for a WOT pull in 3rd gear and the results were interesting.

40-80 mph ideal real world road use case for overtaking. This equates to 3000 rpm to 6150 rpm.

Stock manifold on AED tune did it in 5.06 seconds.
Gt350 Manifold and TB on AED tune did it in 4.9 seconds.

So basically the same....

But, the stock manifold had topped out by 85mph and I had to change up to 4th gear. The gt350 pull kept going to 98.5mph at 7250 rpm before I changed gear (80-98.5 too an extra 2.76 seconds) and we all know it pulls strong to 7500 rpm so well over 100 mph. I was just being cautious.

If you don’t use the extra width of the power band, the stock setup feels much faster as it’s got much more torque down under 3000 rpm. To get the best from the 350 set up you need to use the extended rev range up top.

Last edited:

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Man I hate that for you. I did the GT350 swap with LU47 injectors. Lund redid my flex tune with a remote flex tune. With the mani swap I shaved 3/10 off QM and picked up 3 mph in the QM. It pulls strong low and is very strong on top end. Kept the factory TB which required an adapter kit. Hope this picture helps. I did reroute the wires since this picture. After reviewing the picture there is some differences routing the vacuum hoses. Not sure if it makes a difference.
You are the man I need to speak to then! When you went from the vacuum routing in this photo. (brake booster pipe direct to plastic 3/8” connector left of it in the photo), to the other routing with the brake booster into a 3/8” to 1/2” converter, then into the tube on the manifold just behind the throttle body did you notice any difference? If not to performance but to braking?

Is your car a performance pack? And what yr is it?

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Thanks for the picture! I'll go back and take a look tonight when I get some time. I would love to know what difference, if any, routing the vacuum hoses differently makes. I have the JDM kit, and I thought I followed the instructions, but maybe not. Are there better instructions out there (written, video, or otherwise)?

I have noticed that the vacuum gauge in the interior is much different now than it was before, but again, I don't know how much of that is the tune and cams, and what is due to the manifold. It is shifted to the right significantly versus my previous Lund tune. Maybe I messed up the manifold install...? :shrug:

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
I installed my GT350 manifold at the same time that I also did some cams. The dyno results weren't what I expected (lower), and Comp blames the tune. The tuner says everything looks good. So now I'm wondering what, if anything, else it could be. Could someone check to make sure I installed the manifold correctly?

Thanks for the help!
Your install looks good from what I can tell from your photo. Just got my install completed. Installed the GT350 TB . Running stock cams and only gained 18 HP and lost a little torque. Running FF tune also but dynoed with 91 octane. I thought you could gain 18 HP with a CAI and a tune on stock IM and TB so I'm a little disappointed. Drivability seems great and no issues with the TB. I'll try some E85 in the near future to see how it runs and do some data logging. The Ford Power Pack 3 tune claims 37 HP gain. I thought that was rear wheel but maybe that's just at the crank.

_
engine bay resize 1.jpg

Sponsored

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
Thanks for the picture! I'll go back and take a look tonight when I get some time. I would love to know what difference, if any, routing the vacuum hoses differently makes. I have the JDM kit, and I thought I followed the instructions, but maybe not. Are there better instructions out there (written, video, or otherwise)?

I have noticed that the vacuum gauge in the interior is much different now than it was before, but again, I don't know how much of that is the tune and cams, and what is due to the manifold. It is shifted to the right significantly versus my previous Lund tune. Maybe I messed up the manifold install...? :shrug:
I also used the JDM kit along with the Ford installation instructions and watching the LMR video 100 times. I feel confident that I installed it correctly and I would think my datalogs to the tuner (AED) would have highlighted any issues if something wasn't installed correctly. I don't have a PP car so no gauges to check vacuum.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I also used the JDM kit along with the Ford installation instructions and watching the LMR video 100 times. I feel confident that I installed it correctly and I would think my datalogs to the tuner (AED) would have highlighted any issues if something wasn't installed correctly. I don't have a PP car so no gauges to check vacuum.
Do you have a link to the Ford installation instructions, by any chance? I don’t recall seeing them available when I last looked.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Quick question for you guys: Does it matter which connector goes where for the blue IMRC connections at the back of the manifold? I got those mixed up when I had everything torn down this weekend, and now I don't remember which was where. If it matters, how do you tell which one it goes to? I looked at the wires to see if they were any different, and one had a yellow wire and the other a white.

Thanks for the help!

Sponsored

GritzNGravy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Quick question for you guys: Does it matter which connector goes where for the blue IMRC connections at the back of the manifold? I got those mixed up when I had everything torn down this weekend, and now I don't remember which was where. If it matters, how do you tell which one it goes to? I looked at the wires to see if they were any different, and one had a yellow wire and the other a white.

Thanks for the help!

Just checked mine. Not sure if it matters, but the blue connector with Green/White wires goes to the one pointing towards the passenger side. The one with Green/Yellow wires goes to the one pointing towards the firewall.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Just checked mine. Not sure if it matters, but the blue connector with Green/White wires goes to the one pointing towards the passenger side. The one with Green/Yellow wires goes to the one pointing towards the firewall.
Thanks for checking! I'll take a look on mine.

Safridi22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shobi
Vehicle(s)
GT V8 Blue
Hey Folks

Just ordered the gt350 manifold from tascaparts.com and after going through all the amazing info here regarding the install, my dumb ass is still confused. Do the parts below get swapped or do you keep both? Reason I ask is bc I just watched a video on youtube on how a guy "jimmy rigged" his lines and it confused the hell out of me. I hope you guys aren't already confused lol

Thanks
IMG-0616.JPG
IMG-0625.JPG