TOOLS REQUIRED
8MM ALLEN WRENCH
Vice grips
Dead Blow Hammer or Rubber Mallet
1/4 Vacuum Hose 3.5ft
Small Funnel
Chanel Locks
and 3QTS of Your favorite Trans Fluid. I went with Royal Purple Synchromesh

1) Jack up the car and make sure car is level. Be sure to push against the car before ever crawling under. This way it doesn't fall on you.

2) Locate the fill bolt on the passenger side and use the 8MM Allen Wrench to loosen. You may or may not need a dead blow hammer to tap the allen key so the bolt can come out. My worst fear is stripping the allen keyway and so I used the dead blow so I could focus on keeping the allen wrench straight.

3) Grab your oil catch pan and place under drain hole. loosen drain hole similar to the fill hole and let the trans drain for 15 min

4) Next replace the drain bolt and use the funnel and 1/4 vacuum hose to fill the trans. run the vacuum hose along the trans tunnel up towards to the turbo.

5) With the funnel attached to the vacuum hose. Use a pair of vice grips and lightly clamp the funnel to the o2 sensor to prevent the funnel from spilling while you pour. Do to the size of the funnel and diameter of the hose this will take about 20 min to use all 3 qts. by clamping the funnel it reduces the amount of fatigue and allows you to step away to grab the next qt in between fills.

6) After you have filled the trans replace the fill bolt and lower the vehicle. Please note you will have some trans fluid run out of the fill hole this is normal as the trans req slightly less than 3 qts.

BE SAFE AND HAVE FUN
image2.JPG
image1.JPG
image3.JPG
image4.JPG
image5.JPG
image6.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
Torsen

Torsen

Scott Wilson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MEB 6MT
yeah a simple pump is only 5$ much easier than this method. it only took me 10 min to drain and refill after i got the bolts off
Yeah but with a pump you don't get to use all the fluids and its a mess. This way there is no mess and all the fluid get consumed from the first two bottles. Much easier to pour then pull a nasty pump tube out and put into another quart of fluid. Tranny fluid stinks like death.

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Torsen, did you notice a difference right away? How has it been running since?

Sponsored

nala1908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium PP
Torsen, did you notice a difference right away? How has it been running since?
asking the guy who thinks some crazy siphoning is better than simply putting a hose in a hole and holding a bottle?

anyways, i changed my transfluid many months ago now and its been running perfectly since. the shifts are very solid and smooth. sycros are almost undetectable, except for the random hard shift into first when its still warming up.

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
asking the guy who thinks some crazy siphoning is better than simply putting a hose in a hole and holding a bottle?

anyways, i changed my transfluid many months ago now and its been running perfectly since. the shifts are very solid and smooth. sycros are almost undetectable, except for the random hard shift into first when its still warming up.
I wasn't interested in the technique used (but I agree with you). That's good to hear, I think I'm going change mine out.

Midnight_LMR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Is there no danger to voiding warranties with changing the fluid out on your own?
Sponsored