Sponsored

HOW TO: Add MyFord Touch/Sync 3 to base model S550

fordmustanglove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford mustang GT
any word or video on how to make the wire kit? my whole kit is in a box waiting lol
Sponsored

aj604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Also for those looking to swap base to MFT/Sync 3 the bezel without heated seat switches is available new from AutoNation for $228. I verified the numbers were correct with their guys. FR3Z-18842-D is non-heated. E is the heated version. Apologies to people who paid homeboy $699 for theirs
wow, great work ..... gonna save alot of people alot of money with the sourcing you've done, made any headway on your harness yet?

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
So, while I'm waiting for a harness, what is a good way to power up and test the Sync 3 unit I bought off eBay? Are there a couple-three pins that need power?

Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
[MENTION=25607]Spart[/MENTION] What year is your car? What year is your Sync 3? What was the part # for the harness you ordered?
Car is a 17 built in 16, date on the Sync 3 APIM is 2016 (has month and date too but I'm at home, it's at work) and I'm waiting on your harness.

RedfireV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
[MENTION=25607]Spart[/MENTION] Just get the Mustang single version LOL come on man you came this far

Also for those looking to swap base to MFT/Sync 3 the bezel without heated seat switches is available new from AutoNation for $228. I verified the numbers were correct with their guys. FR3Z-18842-D is non-heated. E is the heated version. Apologies to people who paid homeboy $699 for theirs
So just as an FYI for anyone trying to order this like I just did but they have a core charge of $500. Yes. $500. Talked with a Mike R. over at AutoNation White Bear and he let me know what's up. So either you have to send one back to them or you pay... :frusty:

Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
So just as an FYI for anyone trying to order this like I just did but they have a core charge of $500. Yes. $500. Talked with a Mike R. over at AutoNation White Bear and he let me know what's up. So either you have to send one back to them or you pay... :frusty:
Wonder if they'd take a base bezel?

RedfireV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
I don't know how that works but I've wondered the same thing about that when I bought my PP brakes. Would they take my base brakes!? lol

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Ok, no on the base. However it may be possible to send them one with heated seats as a core. Now if you have an LKQ local to you they have these for $150 or less. So you could possibly buy one of them and use it as a core. If you need help locating one let me know as I have an account there. I'm waiting on Mike R to confirm this with United Radio. If you don't care that your Premium and bezel has the heated seat buttons this point is moot!

Harness update: As of last Friday the terminals I need for the female side of the APIM are on back order. There is only one company who will sell the female connector in quantities less than 3,600. They unfortunately have a minimum order of $50, so any harness built will have to be in groups of three. The first three are spoken for and you can thank RedfifeV8 for his contribution to securing enough parts to place that order. I have also ID'd the Yazaki connectors for the ACM. I'm waiting on SMD to send me a quote for them.
One last note as of now Tyco doesn't make a female mating component for the GPSM. This means we'll have to solder to those wires for MS-CAN. I'll keep digging though to find a PnP solution.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
One last note as of now Tyco doesn't make a female mating component for the GPSM. This means we'll have to solder to those wires for MS-CAN. I'll keep digging though to find a PnP solution.
The GPSM gets unplugged right? Do some of the wires from the plug need routed to the APIM?

If so, would a couple-three t-taps do the trick if your harness just has a pigtail for them?
Sponsored