Sponsored

How much to pay for 2018 Premium with 401A, PP1, Mageride, Recoro, Roush Phase 1

passionincar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Hi Guys,

Looking to buy a 2018 mustang with Premium package, 401A, PP1, Mageride, Recoro, Roush Phase 1.

Car has 15,000 miles, MSRP was around $50k and mods cost around $12k.

Can you guys suggest how much should i be paying?

Thanks.
Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Look up the trade in value on KBB and NADA and Edmunds. Then factor in what you deem fair on the mods. The dealer isn't going to give much for mods over trade in value, though they will price the car with those mods factored in at retail purchase value. So determine what you would pay for the car through your research adn then factor in what you would consider a fair value for those mods if you were buying them used and installing them on your own. Labor is not to be factored into the price. So don't let them play that angle.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Maybe mid to high 30s?

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Roush phase 1 is supercharged correct? Make sure it has the Roush warranty if so because the Ford warranty will be gone. I would say it's worth in the $35-40k range.

Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Roush phase 1 is supercharged correct? Make sure it has the Roush warranty if so because the Ford warranty will be gone. I would say it's worth in the $35-40k range.
Roush phase 1 warranty (if purchased by previous owner) is not transferable. Been there bought that on the 13 years ago. Was a waste of money as well btw.

OP
OP

passionincar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Seller is asking $44k with mods.

Its roush supercharger, it didn't void factory warranty i could confirm that as he had some dealer work done after installing roush, but i am not sure every dealer would be same in warranty work.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Buying a used Mustang, isn't that big of a risk.

Buying a used, super-charged and probably highly modified Mustang? Well.........best of luck.

I'd start with a FTF with the current owner, ask him why they're selling the car, and watch their reactions/body language very closely as they answer that question.

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Seller is asking $44k with mods.

Its roush supercharger, it didn't void factory warranty i could confirm that as he had some dealer work done after installing roush, but i am not sure every dealer would be same in warranty work.
I'd pass on the car honestly. You can get a brand new, nicely optioned 2019 GT Premium or a Base that you could supercharge yourself for that money. Better to start fresh than to inherit someones leftovers imo.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
There's usually a reason someone heavily mods a car. Then wants to get rid of it soon after.

Sponsored

Ronin5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTP Stage 1
I bought a 16 GTP with 8500 miles and a Stage 1. I have had warranty work done but this is largely up to your dealer. The Roush warranty is original owner only. Before I even test drove the car I called the original owner, the shop that did the work etc etc. End of the day I was satisfied regarding the cars history but if I was not able to verify who bought it, mods installed by xx shop at 818 miles etc etc I would of walked. The car had the Stage 1 installed, ceramic coat, clear bra and Borla. I paid KBB value on the car and obviously KBB etc does not even recognize mods. There was no nefarious reason in my case why it was modded then sold. he had an idea what he wanted, went for it then traded it on a GT350. Some people have enough money projects/trades like this does not bother them. Do your research...

AXO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt, Ruby Red Metallic, Premium, PP, 401a
Honestly I would just buy a Used GT350..... If I had the $$$$ I would trade my GT.

Ronin5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTP Stage 1
Agreed, but that is a big IF. The 350 near me is 68K. I got the performance and options I wanted for well less than 1/2 that. To many of us that matters. Although I'm with ya on owning a Shelby someday if I can make it work. That 350 vs GT thread is a good one. Not sure after this car a 350 would do it..... Oh well, nice to dream anyway.

OP
OP

passionincar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I bought a 16 GTP with 8500 miles and a Stage 1. I have had warranty work done but this is largely up to your dealer. The Roush warranty is original owner only. Before I even test drove the car I called the original owner, the shop that did the work etc etc. End of the day I was satisfied regarding the cars history but if I was not able to verify who bought it, mods installed by xx shop at 818 miles etc etc I would of walked. The car had the Stage 1 installed, ceramic coat, clear bra and Borla. I paid KBB value on the car and obviously KBB etc does not even recognize mods. There was no nefarious reason in my case why it was modded then sold. he had an idea what he wanted, went for it then traded it on a GT350. Some people have enough money projects/trades like this does not bother them. Do your research...
Can i ask how much did you pay for it?

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Assuming no issues and transferable warranty, $37.5k might be a fair deal. Under that you win the negotiation.

With the proper leg work and price Im not scared of buying someone elses project.
Sponsored