Sponsored

How much do you think the PP1 option actually costs Ford to build?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I had this in the archives that someone had put together:

PerfPack.PNG

Not really sure that the Street Handling Pack is necessarily equivalent to PP1 and there are no doubt a few other differences, but the gist is here on the hard parts.
It’s been a little while since I drove a stock PP1 car, but I think the Street Handling Pack is correct. I have driven a S550 with the Track Handling Pack and it was definitely a more firm setup than I remembered for a stock PP1 car. If I were to recreate a PP car with my base car, I’d skip the Street Pack and go for the Track Pack. The Track Handling Pack should’ve been standard on all GT’s from factory IMO.
Sponsored

Stealthfall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GT
The Ford Performance Street pack is equivalent to Performance Pack/PP1 without magneride just with a drop spring.

quoted from ford performance's website:
  • Assembled Front Performance Pack Struts
  • Performance Pack Rear Shocks
  • Performance Pack Upper Strut Mounts
  • Performance Pack Front and Rear Sway Bars
  • Performance Pack Rear Toe Links

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
AT 2500 it was a reasonable markup. At 4000 is was ridiculous. At 6000+ it was criminal larceny even the Mafia would be ashamed of.

The torsen is the most expensive part of the whole getup. I reckon they got it at wholesale for no less than 40pct below retail. Actual net over the basic trim parts? I'd believe a grand, may e as much as 1200.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
I think a simple way to estimate the difference would be to build a complete list of every part that is different, and then go to a Ford dealer parts catalog and build a spreadsheet with two columns column A is the standard part column B is the PP1 part.

That at least would give you a good idea of the difference in price that Ford sells the part for. The Delta between the two would be the difference in cost to Ford to produce/offer the part.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The Delta between the two would be the difference in cost to Ford to produce/offer the part.
Plus a healthy dose of overcharging for the fancier parts, just because they decide it's special.

The stated Ford parts price is obscenely high. Probably an easy 3x of reality. It's disgusting to put it mildly.

If I wanted to do a A/B I'd look at rock auto instead

Sponsored

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Plus a healthy dose of overcharging for the fancier parts, just because they decide it's special.

The stated Ford parts price is obscenely high. Probably an easy 3x of reality. It's disgusting to put it mildly.

If I wanted to do a A/B I'd look at rock auto instead
You do realize that the markup would be the same for the base GT parts and the PP1 right? That would put you at the same Delta. Remember the question was what is the difference in cost between the base GT and PP1 parts.

Although it is possible to source some OEM parts from RockAuto I doubt you could get All of the Ford base and PP1 parts you would need.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang EcoBoost Orange Fury, 2011 F-150 XL
I think a simple way to estimate the difference would be to build a complete list of every part that is different, and then go to a Ford dealer parts catalog and build a spreadsheet with two columns column A is the standard part column B is the PP1 part.

That at least would give you a good idea of the difference in price that Ford sells the part for. The Delta between the two would be the difference in cost to Ford to produce/offer the part.
I'm may do this...
Sponsored