How much can the OEM fuel pump handle?

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
So I currently am sitting at about 470 rwhp on E85. I was thinking of either doing cams or maybe a 100/150 shot as my next mods. How much more until you think a boot-a-pump is needed? Thanks.
Sponsored

Hoblick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I was recommended to do a boost-a-pump if making over 600.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I asked this question in the FI forum and couldn't get a straight answer....E85 plus nitrous on the stock pump. With cams you will absolutely be fine. With nitrous, I don't know. A BAP would at least give you peace of mind. And you can always swap the vacuum gauge for a fuel pressure one to keep an eye on it.

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's
I was recommended to do a boost-a-pump if making over 600.
This would be true on a gasoline based fuel, but things change dramatically when using E85.

ero 5.0, if you plan on using nitrous you will need the BAP immediately. Staying NA up to around the 500 rwhp area you'll be fine without the BAP, but you'll need cams to get to that point. Hope that clears things up, let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
ero 5.0

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
This would be true on a gasoline based fuel, but things change dramatically when using E85.

ero 5.0, if you plan on using nitrous you will need the BAP immediately. Staying NA up to around the 500 rwhp area you'll be fine without the BAP, but you'll need cams to get to that point. Hope that clears things up, let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks. :thumbsup:
Thanks all
Sponsored