Sponsored

How much Camber

jhols

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I run about -2.5 and the front tires look fine in the front from my autocross runs. Going to a track day this weekend and will see how it looks after that.

Whiskey11

Kill ALL the Cones!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Base GT/PP
First I would try what ford performance recommends for that suspension setup.
-1.55 front
-1.98 rear
Absolutely not enough of camber at either end. If you are at stock ride height with stock springs and just swaybars (or a swaybar, as is my case) then you'll want more. I'm at -2.2 in the rear and the last FLIR photo I saw of my tires showed pretty even temperature across the entire tire. Up front, I'm somewhere around -2.2, probably more and the outsides of the fronts are just getting destroyed by the lack of camber. I'm running a front swaybar only (for F-Street Autocross) in the middle position, it's a BMR, and it just isn't enough.

Once you start modifying things, it could go in either direction depending on how stiff and how low you are.

Sponsored

AnelBHF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
It also depends what kind of tires you are running. The pirelli p zero does not have a strong sidewall compared to other more agressive compound tires. The GT is a heavy car and IMO the pirelli p zero 255 will get destroyed no matter how much negative camber you run.

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
IMO for a lowered car on stiffer springs...max negative camber and caster up front. 1 deg less camber in the rear but with a minimum of -1.5 as a place to start.

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
MM caster camber plates max at -2.5. My afe coilovers have a slotted upper hole with switchable slugs that are centered and offset) to allow extra camber and will get you to around -4 maxed between the 2 components for reference. Some owners slot the lower mount, upper bolt hole to gain extra camber. At the track and AutoX, I run -3.5 in the front, max caster, and a touch of toe out. In the rear I run around -2 camber and a touch of toe in. It has worked well so far.

OP
OP
GT_Roadcourse_Newb

GT_Roadcourse_Newb

noob@cartech,prefer2drive
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-PP::2000 Honda s2000::1996 Nissan Maxima
MM caster camber plates max at -2.5. My afe coilovers have a slotted upper hole with switchable slugs that are centered and offset) to allow extra camber and will get you to around -4 maxed between the 2 components for reference. Some owners slot the lower mount, upper bolt hole to gain extra camber. At the track and AutoX, I run -3.5 in the front, max caster, and a touch of toe out. In the rear I run around -2 camber and a touch of toe in. It has worked well so far.
I will request alignment of

front:
-3.5 camber
slight toe out
max caster

rear:
-2.5 camber
slight toe in

Does anyone happen to have a pic of -3.5 fronts w/o g-forces?
Sponsored

Last edited: