Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Welcome and congrats - prepare for the painful wait! There is currently no formula to tell for sure when anything will happen ;(

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
It depends on when your dealers allocation is for. I got mine within a month, but my dealer had an early allocation and priority. There are some people on here that ordered months ago and still haven't got a VIN.

chrsschb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 WRX
It depends on when your dealers allocation is for. I got mine within a month, but my dealer had an early allocation and priority. There are some people on here that ordered months ago and still haven't got a VIN.
:frusty:

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT

My dealer can't even provide this info to me.. All they say is they have allocation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
My dealer can't even provide this info to me.. All they say is they have allocation.

Tell them to ask their Regional Rep.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Tell them to ask their Regional Rep.

I did but by what they said the regional rep said was a schedule in 4th qtr 2015. Nothing happened. There is no definitive answer after speaking to them. Just stays in unscheduled - clean.

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
I did but by what they said the regional rep said was a schedule in 4th qtr 2015. Nothing happened. There is no definitive answer after speaking to them. Just stays in unscheduled - clean.

unscheduled - clean means you have a good order that's ready to be picked up. It's just a matter of when the order scheduling system will pickup your order. It's an automatic process that happens once a week on wednesday nights.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
unscheduled - clean means you have a good order that's ready to be picked up. It's just a matter of when the order scheduling system will pickup your order. It's an automatic process that happens once a week on wednesday nights.

So it's a random pull or the rep pulls them?

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
So it's a random pull or the rep pulls them?

When the rep pulls it, it goes into unscheduled-clean. Now it's a random pull. How long has it been in that status?

Sponsored

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
Probably about 6 weeks now

That sucks. Someone on here was saying that Ford is not scheduling GT350's for the rest of this month. It could be related to that.

For me, the next Thursday after mine went to unscheduled clean I got a VIN.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
That sucks. Someone on here was saying that Ford is not scheduling GT350's for the rest of this month. It could be related to that.

For me, the next Thursday after mine went to unscheduled clean I got a VIN.
They also stopped scheduling the week before the holiday shut, so about a 3 week lull there of dead time unfortunately.

I know its a sucky system, but not much you can do when you are trying to squeeze in a couple hundred limited production specialty vehicles on a line that pushes out 100,000+ mustangs and 25,000+ fusions per month. So trying to get visibility on a single car that might have 200,000+ cars in front of it just isnt feasible

Almost all cars were pushed out at least a full quarter due to the reworks and what not on the early cars, so its not like you were the only one waiting longer than expected. If its on unscheduled clean, at least its been formally processes and is in queue. Once they do schedule it, at least it should be relatively quick.

Im not sure how many limited production first run cars you have ordered, but this is not unique to Ford. many Hellcat owners, GT4 owners, etc all had similar waits

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
They also stopped scheduling the week before the holiday shut, so about a 3 week lull there of dead time unfortunately.

I know its a sucky system, but not much you can do when you are trying to squeeze in a couple hundred limited production specialty vehicles on a line that pushes out 100,000+ mustangs and 25,000+ fusions per month. So trying to get visibility on a single car that might have 200,000+ cars in front of it just isnt feasible

Almost all cars were pushed out at least a full quarter due to the reworks and what not on the early cars, so its not like you were the only one waiting longer than expected. If its on unscheduled clean, at least its been formally processes and is in queue. Once they do schedule it, at least it should be relatively quick.

Im not sure how many limited production first run cars you have ordered, but this is not unique to Ford. many Hellcat owners, GT4 owners, etc all had similar waits

What they should do is open order banks when they are ready to handle the orders coming in. Might be common but it's still a shitty practice in place by auto industries.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I would rather secure an early order and wait vs. jockey it out with all the interested buyers now. Most who paid msrp got on the boat early, less likely to get msrp and/or custom ordered if they had waited. And I don't think ford anticipated the quarter long delay, just comes with ordering a first run car. I understand your frustration but like I said, this is not unique to ford. Limited production specialty anything is not easy when it's being done on a high volume line. The manufacturing process for such things isn't as simplistic as most think
Sponsored