Sponsored

How long once your order is "Pulled"?

Macstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500
Hello,

I've had an order for a GT350R since May and once per month I call Ford Performance and check, to date there has never been any news. It's always "unscheduled materials hold." Well, a week ago the Ford rep I spoke with suggested that I have my Dealer call their "Zone Rep" and see if they could tell me when my order was going to be "Pulled." I did and a few days later my dealer said the Zone Rep told them it would be pulled sometime in September.

So pardon the ignorance but what does that really mean? Does that mean it gets built in September? And if so, how long does it usually take before it shows up on the dealer's lot?

Sorry for all the questions. I know some of you guys are intimately familiar with the ins and outs of the Ford order process.

Thank you,

DM
Sponsored

FTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R
"Pulled" is when the Ford zone rep releases your car from material hold. This is not a first in first out ordering process; timing is controlled by Ford Reps. If your car is released from hold it will be scheduled within a few days. Then typically 3-4 weeks later it will be built.

I waited 11 months for my 16 R.

OP
OP

Macstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500
"Pulled" is when the Ford zone rep releases your car from material hold. This is not a first in first out ordering process; timing is controlled by Ford Reps. If your car is released from hold it will be scheduled within a few days. Then typically 3-4 weeks later it will be built.

I waited 11 months for my 16 R.
Thank you for the reply! So 3-4 weeks later it's built, then how long does it take to hit your dealer's lot (typically?)

And, after your 11 month wait, was it worth it?

Thanks,

DM

FTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R
1 1/2 to 3 months from build date.
Sponsored