Sponsored

How close you think you would be to a Auto hellcat?

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I just noticed. You dont have a 350. So you can't appreciate the fact that the hellcat didn't start really pulling till after 130mph. I posted this on the 350 part of the forum for a reason. Take care.
He has a GT350R.

I agree the outcome was fairly impressive from the exterior. Stanglife is right though in saying that is what it looks like for a much faster car to pull on a "slower" car.

Thing most people don't realize is to just run away from another car, you have to have hundreds of more HP and be the same weight or less. Even though the Hellcat's have huge power and better power/weight ratio, it isn't drastic enough to "appear" drastic in a roll on like that. Funny enough, if you sat in that Hellcat and did the same race, you would "Feel" as though the car is much faster than the physical results would indicate.

I'm sure everyone here who have driven a 5.0 Mustang would think the GT350 would simply run away from it, but it would be closer than you think, and again the 2 cars are almost ~8-10mph different in 1/4 trap speeds.
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
And the real kicker is that the HC wasn't doing it's most impressive work at the top end...that's where it should have the least difference, due to it being a streamlined brick.

Patrick - maybe you haven't seen or been involved with many races but like I said, the power difference was apparent from just the seconds of footage that we could see the other car... and without better footage it's hard to tell if the HC was spinning or didn't get an even start, or what.

No need to get snippy - just shoot some more video from the side or from the HC perspective. I've seen traps from 123 to 129 for a stock HC and people are dipping into the 10s. It's not 100% unreasonable to hang with one for a gear or so but an even start should show the HC pulling pretty steadily, IMO.

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
And by all means, please continue to include in your videos the exact location on I-469 (between the 17 and 26 mile markers) where you continue to conduct these 130-145 MPH runs. Should make it easy for the Indiana State Police to charge you. :thumbsup:

TAKE IT TO THE TRACK!!!!!

Last edited:

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 & '14 GT Track Car
I don't think the numbers on this do any justice?
Why?
I have run with my Shelby 350gt at rt66 a corrected 11.33 @ 124 1/4 mile. This is the best I can do. If I had stickier rubber I know I can maybe get to 11 flat or so. This is stock and also after 3 trips. My first ever run was 11.81 at 118.
I have also personally run the Hellcat and in the right hands they are vicious. The auto car is more for strip and the manual is better suited to the road coarse.
My first trip down the strip with a Hellcat was 11.4 with auto. This is my buddies car and he consistently puts down 10.3 with his personal best 9.88 with slicks. He was requested not to run at that track again unless he puts a roll bar and battery shut off in.

I am in line for a demon now which I know will be the first factory car in the 8's. I'm going to get all black with 2 seats and convenience pack. I'll just drive it like normal. I do not want to drag race but getting on the throttle is fun. My 350gt runs with the best and I still believe all these cars are different as well as the engines. My car does not feel low on torque at the bottom? I can break the car loose off the line with NO lag and once you get to 4000 or so rpm it is a freight train. Also the driver is huge.

If I can get some videos or so on head to head I will post.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I just noticed. You dont have a 350. So you can't appreciate the fact that the hellcat didn't start really pulling till after 130mph. I posted this on the 350 part of the forum for a reason. Take care.

[MENTION=9260]stanglife[/MENTION] has an R.

The 350 is not a straight line car. Most here don't have any interest in drag race comparisons. I think it is unlikely you will get the responses you are looking for. When you decide to do a road course comparison I think you will be better received.

Sponsored

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
When I still had my GT350 and my first Hellcat my son and I raced. The Hellcat does not have a little more power than the GT350. It has almost 300 horsepower more. 4500 lbs or not, in 4 races the Hellcat destroyed the GT350. We switched cars to eliminate driver being a factor and same results. Our stock leased Hellcat made 732 RWP on the dyno.

The GT350 would MURDER the Hellcat in the turns. I have no doubt of that. In a straight line, no contest.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Why?
I have run with my Shelby 350gt at rt66 a corrected 11.33 @ 124 1/4 mile. This is the best I can do. If I had stickier rubber I know I can maybe get to 11 flat or so. This is stock and also after 3 trips. My first ever run was 11.81 at 118.
I have also personally run the Hellcat and in the right hands they are vicious. The auto car is more for strip and the manual is better suited to the road coarse.
My first trip down the strip with a Hellcat was 11.4 with auto. This is my buddies car and he consistently puts down 10.3 with his personal best 9.88 with slicks. He was requested not to run at that track again unless he puts a roll bar and battery shut off in.

I am in line for a demon now which I know will be the first factory car in the 8's. I'm going to get all black with 2 seats and convenience pack. I'll just drive it like normal. I do not want to drag race but getting on the throttle is fun. My 350gt runs with the best and I still believe all these cars are different as well as the engines. My car does not feel low on torque at the bottom? I can break the car loose off the line with NO lag and once you get to 4000 or so rpm it is a freight train. Also the driver is huge.

What do you have done to your car? Most 350s run right around 119ish - 126 is a huge jump. What do you mean by corrected?

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Why?

11.3 at 124mph stock?? Are you sure it isn't a 1000 ft strip?

Honestly curious, do you have any time slips to back up these runs? If you do it'll be the fastest stock GT350 in the world... and a stock Hellcat cannot come close to 9's, which makes me a little dubious of your quoted times. Hellcat's can't regularly get into the 10's without drag radials.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Words record for a HC is 9.15 at 158 mph. Funny part is it is an M6.

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
He has an R.... lol

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
11.3 at 124mph stock?? Are you sure it isn't a 1000 ft strip?

Honestly curious, do you have any time slips to back up these runs? If you do it'll be the fastest stock GT350 in the world... and a stock Hellcat cannot come close to 9's, which makes me a little dubious of your quoted times. Hellcat's can't regularly get into the 10's without drag radials.
Route 66 is a full 1320. But like you, I don't believe it either.

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 & '14 GT Track Car
What do you have done to your car? Most 350s run right around 119ish - 126 is a huge jump. What do you mean by corrected?
Car is bone stock and really runs well. I have only been to rt 66 because it is close and when some of the open events or theme nights I have friends that sometimes run in nostalgia and others.

I have time slips and they say corrected 1/4 . Don't know if that is light based or what.

I will dig them up and post. Ran last September. Nothing this year yet.

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
Hellcat ran this past Friday. Back pedalling 1st (2 runs only) ran [email protected]. Fast Hellcat. Stock car except​ Borla exhaust no tune. So you would think he would leave me sitting. Not what I expected once again. Another run at slower start in 2nd ,he put maybe 3 between . Turns out his is perfect for 45 roll. He goes 62 ish in 2nd. Us 80.

My only reaction to this is that you're a complete tool for street racing like that.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Actually, now that I really listen to it. You started WAY before the HC. You can hear him still blipping the throttle while you're already taking off.

I was pretty sure you didn't know what you were talking about and now, I know.
Sponsored