Sponsored

How close you think you would be to a Auto hellcat?

Patrick Dietrich

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 tech package
Hellcat ran this past Friday. Back pedalling 1st (2 runs only) ran [email protected]. Fast Hellcat. Stock car except​ Borla exhaust no tune. So you would think he would leave me sitting. Not what I expected once again. Another run at slower start in 2nd ,he put maybe 3 between . Turns out his is perfect for 45 roll. He goes 62 ish in 2nd. Us 80.

Sponsored

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Hellcat vs GT350

No reason to race these cars against each other. Hellcat is faster straight, obviously.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
That's about 10mph difference from your car - that's quite a bit.

OP
OP

Patrick Dietrich

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 tech package
No reason to race these cars against each other. Hellcat is faster straight, obviously.
Lol. Why not? Personally wanted to see the difference. No reason to have a 500hp car either but you have one.

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Yeah, a stock Hellcat Charger would make a stock GT350 car look silly n a straight line. The Chargers seem to be quicker than the Challengers. I think it's the aerodynamics.

OP
OP

Patrick Dietrich

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 tech package
Stage 3. Did you watch the video?? Another video he got ouf around 3 to my 4th gear redline. Thats not making me look silly at all. Thought it'd be worse. 10mph would be more like 8-10 lengths . Not a couple cars .

TRS7139

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
When you have a 500 hp car made in the USA it will be hard to avoid drag strip comparisons and commentary and good old Ford does include launch control, etc. Stop light screamerswill never die but the very essence of this car is aimed squarely at Europe and owners that truly embrace turning, stopping, over roads and/or tracks.
That's probably why the put the tires they do instead of Mickey Thompson's on'em.
Put the two cars on a track and the Dodge comes up somewhere behind a 350 and ahead of an F150.
Want great ET time slips, get a nice, heavy flywheel, low rev, lump that makes big power.
There's a reason few Porsche's, Ferrari's and Lambo's aspire to be 1/4 mile legends......works for me.

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Did anyone watch the video? GT350 did way better than I expected.

Obviously from a dig it would have looked a lot different.

OP
OP

Patrick Dietrich

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 tech package
Totally agee. Did the dragstrip for years. 9 sec GT back in 94 and 8 sec bikes till could no longer race a couple years back. This one will be left alone. Just thought it was interesting that I stayed this close to a car that runs 128mph 1/4. Have to guess one that runs 122 is going to not pull me.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I watched it - You cant see where the HC was in the beginning. It's likely he spun or started late. All I do know is that just as the video ended, the HC came into view and he was pulling like mad. My opinion stands, not even a race.

OP
OP

Patrick Dietrich

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 tech package
Beside me. We started in 2nd. Point is it wasn't what I thought. Here's a 14gt500 against me. Most likely he started 20 cars behind

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
That was a little better as far as footage - at least we can see the GT500 pulling on your for more than a split second. I'm not really commenting if it's bad or not, as the 350 isn't the same style of car and there's no shame in those videso due to that.... more just saying that your examples are what videos typically look like when one car is a lot faster than the other.

OP
OP

Patrick Dietrich

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 tech package
That was a little better as far as footage - at least we can see the GT500 pulling on your for more than a split second. I'm not really commenting if it's bad or not, as the 350 isn't the same style of car and there's no shame in those videso due to that.... more just saying that your examples are what videos typically look like when one car is a lot faster than the other.
I just noticed. You dont have a 350. So you can't appreciate the fact that the hellcat didn't start really pulling till after 130mph. I posted this on the 350 part of the forum for a reason. Take care.
Sponsored