Sponsored

Horn sounds when you leave the car running

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
Bear in mind if the engine is running and you walk away with the key, there is nothing to stop anyone jumping in and driving off, and they can continue driving it until they turn it off... that's what the double honk is warning you. So leaving the key in, or not, doesn't alter the ability for it to be driven off...
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Bear in mind if the engine is running and you walk away with the key, there is nothing to stop anyone jumping in and driving off, and they can continue driving it until they turn it off... that's what the double honk is warning you. So leaving the key in, or not, doesn't alter the ability for it to be driven off...
Think Paul Scholes had this happen to him from his drive a few years ago lol. A bit annoying as I know some people leave the engine running to get kids out the car etc

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Interesting stuff. Funny enough I was gonna asked this very question. I would much prefer it not be drive-able without key in it.

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
What would then be good would be if the car when out of range of the key shuts off and deadlocks the doors trapping the miscreant f**ker inside (bait car stylee)!!!

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Nice. Seems doable but playing with config files and hex keys are a dangerous game. Killed many a PC in my time doing this sort of thing :lol:
Using the Forscan program it's a simple drop down enable/disable.

Sponsored

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
What would then be good would be if the car when out of range of the key shuts off and deadlocks the doors trapping the miscreant f**ker inside (bait car stylee)!!!
And spray him with horse pee at the same time!

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
I think the reason is incase your key battery fails or something like that.

Although your suggestion sounds a lot more fun :lol:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I think the reason is incase your key battery fails or something like that.

Although your suggestion sounds a lot more fun :lol:
I think it'd be better just to wait for the car to turn 'fast' then take ESC off and throw the car into a hedge and kill the fker. :lol:

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
And a timely reminder - from: http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/our-reg...petrol-station-while-driver-shopped-1-7759564

"A CAR was stolen at a petrol station last night as the driver left the engine running to pick something up from a shop.
Police have reminded drivers to not leave their vehicles unattended after the incident, which happened at 8.30pm at Esso Petrol Station in Bridge Road, Park Gate.
According to police, the driver left his silver Volkswagen golf in the forecourt with the engine running and went into the station shop. An unknown person then entered and drove off with the vehicle in the direction of Station Road in Park Gate at speed."

And I think the insurance might decline to pay up in this circumstance....!

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
they will refuse to pay up,, happened to a mate of mine, at 5am in morning.

Sponsored

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
do you realize if you dont fully close the door, the car will not honk?

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
do you realize if you dont fully close the door, the car will not honk?
I had engine running with both doors open, I closed passenger door ( drivers door was open) walked away and it still honked at me.

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
if the passenger had closed the passenger door prior to you exiting the vehicle and you then left your door partially open after getting out the horn would not have sounded. I get out of my car all the time with the engine running and as long as I dont close the drivers door the horn will not sound. Try that and see if it solves your problem.

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
if the passenger had closed the passenger door prior to you exiting the vehicle and you then left your door partially open after getting out the horn would not have sounded. I get out of my car all the time with the engine running and as long as I dont close the drivers door the horn will not sound. Try that and see if it solves your problem.
I was by myself, it was me that closed the passenger door.

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
have you tried getting out of the car and not fully closing the door?
Sponsored