Hooker Blackheart Cat Back?

buzzcii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Buzz
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium Vert
Anyone ever try Hooker Blackheart with or without muffler?

They seem to be a few hundred bucks less than Corsa and Borla. Wondering if it's a case of "you get what you pay for".

Thanks in advance.

Buzz
Sponsored

Brostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT-350 Oxford & LB
Just did a quick search and it doesn't look like anyone has first-hand experience with the Blackheart.

What type of sound are you looking for?

OP
OP
buzzcii

buzzcii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Buzz
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium Vert
Something deeper than raspy. On another thread, one person mentioned a 3" for a vert (I have a vert), and I am researching. they are Mach Thunder by solo performance. They seem to be ok from some vids I found

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium

They seem to be a few hundred bucks less than Corsa and Borla. Wondering if it's a case of "you get what you pay for".

Thanks in advance.

Buzz
I think they been around since the 1960's and they make a quality piece. I bought there full exhaust for my 2014 mustang and it was a great piece. Here's another article about a company that dyno there products for the S550 mustang:

http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-...lackheart-speed-exhaust-on-a-2015-mustang-gt/

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
A local group of us from Nashville went and toured their facility in bowling green. I was impressed with what I saw. They had a GT there with their long tubes and catback. Sounded pretty good to me. Not sure why they don't have a bigger market share.

Sponsored

OP
OP
buzzcii

buzzcii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Buzz
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium Vert

Stang-15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

Thanks in advance.

Buzz
I have the 3" blackheart catback, along with their 1 7/8 LT headers. I've had the exhaust system since July 2015. The exhaust has a deep tone to it and is of good quality. It does have some drone if I put it in 6th gear before 60mph or so, but I just don't do that. I have no complaints and frequently get compliments saying "car sounds good".

DANA44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 convertible
I have installed on my 3.7 16 vert fairly easy install fit-and-finish great. Not a lot of room on the bracing area with the verts Hooker did their homework with the fit.
Sponsored