Almost Ready for Ceramic

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Probably Tom, but only for a few weeks hopefully. I'm in the first batch of Pythons from Terrance so I will be installing the new vent as soon as I receive it.
Keep in mind the plastic pins are throw aways. If you install the OEM vent, you will need more pins.
Sponsored

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Oh, so you think your glass is clean, do you? HAH! <smiling>

Y'all can guess that my Sarah's glass was pretty darn clean after her pre-polish bath. But, every time I do this, I'm amazed...with "this" being polishing the glass. Most of the time, you can't even see the contaminants but as most of us OCD "waxxers" have witnessed, when you put a liquid on the glass, all that stuff appears.

Here's a shot where the passenger side windshield has been polished while the driver's side has not. A good shot of IPA and the "line of demarcation" is pretty darn visible.

1615504327618.png

And here are a couple shots of both clean and used pads, after only HALF the glass.

1615504425548.png

1615504794429.png

Finally, a shot of the polished windshield and the whole girl after wiping off the dust.

1615504566860.png

1615504590768.png

When all that was done, I took the afternoon off. :-) Tomorrow is mega bath day and after that, I'll get the stuff ready for ceramic application starting Sattidy morning. I expect that to take 2.5 days at least.

Last edited:

Vettel-ish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 (SOLD) 11 5.0 TRACK 17 Explorer 16 Fusion
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
You are so correct, Andy, photos don't so the work justice. Thanks for the compliment. :cool:

Definitely not going to overthink the coatings, I'm sticking with C.Quartz, not sure about a topcoat, I think for this first application on the vehicle, I'll stick with one coat, maybe two on the horizontal surfaces.

Another member turned me on to Beadmaker, love the stuff. :-)

And hey, that's quite a gallery you have there although I don't "do" IG. <smile> Some excellent photography, BTW.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
If you did not coat the windsheild yet. Try this.. amazing product.
Andy: Got a chance to check out Matt's recommendation this morning and before I order, I was wondering how you or Matt would answer this question...

How is Wolf's different than any other ceramic/nano coating? Could I tell the difference? I'll have a fair amount of C.Quartz remaining when I'm through, (I believe,) and glass seemed like the obvious choice. What say you, sir? :-) (BTW, I am a BIG OG fan, too.)

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome job so far! Cant wait to see the finished product.

Vettel-ish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Andy: Got a chance to check out Matt's recommendation this morning and before I order, I was wondering how you or Matt would answer this question...

How is Wolf's different than any other ceramic/nano coating? Could I tell the difference? I'll have a fair amount of C.Quartz remaining when I'm through, (I believe,) and glass seemed like the obvious choice. What say you, sir? :-) (BTW, I am a BIG OG fan, too.)
Wolfs does not fail, it fades. Everything else I have used with break down and cause a glare or streak. Also it feels like a proper coating once applied. And future coats layer super smooth. I have it all on 3 cars and about every 6 months I reapply. Matt is on another level for testing this stuff and if he said its good. I am in.

Sponsored

Vettel-ish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You are so correct, Andy, photos don't so the work justice. Thanks for the compliment. :cool:

Definitely not going to overthink the coatings, I'm sticking with C.Quartz, not sure about a topcoat, I think for this first application on the vehicle, I'll stick with one coat, maybe two on the horizontal surfaces.

Another member turned me on to Beadmaker, love the stuff. :-)

And hey, that's quite a gallery you have there although I don't "do" IG. <smile> Some excellent photography, BTW.
Appreciate the kind words. Thanks to Matt from OG and Larry from Ammo I know a thing or two. I also own a side business as a professional detailer. Good to see someone doing it the right way :)

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Really appreciate the info, Andy and as soon as I read about the difference, I knew Wolf's was the way to go so I'll spend some more pesos with Matt. :cool:

I'm no pro when it comes to paint correction and the like but being OCD is almost a requirement for the job and I have that in spades. <smile> Marine DI's taught me ALL about "attention to detail" many years ago but I've never lost it. (Couldn't even if I wanted to, I expect.) :cool:

But none of it is rocket science, it's all about learning as you go. DIY'ing isn't for everyone and the older I get, the less inclined I am but, for many of us, it's as much therapy as it is work.

Gave her a double bath this morning, first with foam and then with CarPro's "Eraser."

1615588686092.png

1615589256061.png

1615589295088.png

Eraser claims to remove any and all wax or other surface contaminants and I can attest to the fact that it works. The car beaded water very well simply from the polishing but after the wash and Eraser bath, look how flat the water lies...

1615589405739.png

You can even see where the water follows the ouline of the wing bracket base. She was literally squeaky clean. Good stuff that Eraser and for anyone interested, I used right at a half bottle on the car.

Gave her a blow dry, wiped all the drips, then covered her to keep any dust off until morning when I'll start on the coating.

Enjoy your weekends, I know where I'll be. :-)

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R oxford white
Hey Kent, car sure is shinning, can't wait to see final outcome Great job so far. Are you applying ceramic on the wing?

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Really appreciate the info, Andy and as soon as I read about the difference, I knew Wolf's was the way to go so I'll spend some more pesos with Matt. :cool:

I'm no pro when it comes to paint correction and the like but being OCD is almost a requirement for the job and I have that in spades. <smile> Marine DI's taught me ALL about "attention to detail" many years ago but I've never lost it. (Couldn't even if I wanted to, I expect.) :cool:

But none of it is rocket science, it's all about learning as you go. DIY'ing isn't for everyone and the older I get, the less inclined I am but, for many of us, it's as much therapy as it is work.

Gave her a double bath this morning, first with foam and then with CarPro's "Eraser."

1615588686092.png

1615589256061.png

1615589295088.png

Eraser claims to remove any and all wax or other surface contaminants and I can attest to the fact that it works. The car beaded water very well simply from the polishing but after the wash and Eraser bath, look how flat the water lies...

1615589405739.png

You can even see where the water follows the ouline of the wing bracket base. She was literally squeaky clean. Good stuff that Eraser and for anyone interested, I used right at a half bottle on the car.

Gave her a blow dry, wiped all the drips, then covered her to keep any dust off until morning when I'll start on the coating.

Enjoy your weekends, I know where I'll be. :-)
Lookin good!!!! I do the same thing with the towels under the hood vent, drives my wife nuts. LOL

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Chris: You can't really tell due to the foam but I used a flat sheet covered with two rain slickers. <smile> And, my other half virtually never comes to the garage other than to get in her car and leave. She wouldn't even notice that the vent was missing. <grin>
Sponsored