Sponsored

Hey Ford! I want some of this in the next Mustang!

SemperFi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 m0303
Watch the video. To me, this is some amazing stuff. No, I don't want an electric car and I sure as shit don't want a Mercedes, but just look at the interior, the features, the cool stuff. Some of you just want an engine, a transmission and a steering wheel. I want a spaceship.

Biggest hit the Mustang ALWAYS takes in reviews is the cheap interior. This car is projected just over 100k so yeah...I don't want the whole car. Just want the peeps at Ford to LOOK at this and say...Hey, maybe we can do some of this.

2022 Mercedes EQS 580 | NIGHT Drive AMG FULL Review Interior Exterior - YouTube

Anyways, some of your thoughts and do you think the s660 (or whatever the designation will be called) should be modern, sleek and (gasp) luxurious? Or spartan and a throwback to the early days?
Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Before we do spaceship design or anything to technical, I’d like to see Ford improve the basics like panel fitment and alignment. Interior rattles. Stuff like that. Once they get that down on or with the Germans then they can move on to high tech design :)

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Watch the video. To me, this is some amazing stuff. No, I don't want an electric car and I sure as shit don't want a Mercedes, but just look at the interior, the features, the cool stuff. Some of you just want an engine, a transmission and a steering wheel. I want a spaceship.
Something like that would be far better suited to the Mach E.

Biggest hit the Mustang ALWAYS takes in reviews is the cheap interior.
And people read those comments like there's excellent and unbelievably terrible . . . and nothing in between. That's more about a distorted sense of quality than the quality itself.

Anyways, some of your thoughts and do you think the s660 (or whatever the designation will be called) should be modern, sleek and (gasp) luxurious? Or spartan and a throwback to the early days?
The Mustang isn't in a bad place right where it is, though I do think that there's more tech in it than necessary and a whole lot more configuring/reconfiguring demanded of the driver and more artificial "learning" going on in the background than it needs to have.

Save the gee-whiz and over-the-top luxury stuff for sedans . . . errr, SVS and CUVs . . . which are more about passengers and less about the driver and his actual driving.

There's just way, way, WAY too much stuff packed into that dashboard. This is a car, not Mission Control Houston.

Voice control is both slower and potentially less accurate than the driver simply hitting the right switch (button?) or turning the appropriate dial. Having to take the time to formulate your request in a format that the system understands and then wait for the system to talk back to you is just wasted time for the sake of vanity.

On voice controls in general, I found this little gem a few days ago while cleaning out. Go ahead and laugh, but I bet this happens to more people than you'd care to think. People elsewhere already agree.
full.jpg

Norm

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver

Biggest hit the Mustang ALWAYS takes in reviews is the cheap interior. This car is projected just over 100k so yeah...I don't want the whole car. Just want the peeps at Ford to LOOK at this and say...Hey, maybe we can do some of this.

Sorry to say this (sort of) but if you want MB/AMG amenities, then pay the price and quit carping about a Mustang not being either of those. It was never intended to be anything else. Mustang is, duh, Mustang. Enjoy it for what it is.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Aren't drivers distracted enough?

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
they guy is wetting his pants over a freaking computer game. Use the Xbox/PS for that crap.

The Ford 8" screen is a PoS and fickle. My 300A is straight forward and doesn't screw up or require hitting pinpoint accuracy on some damn soft button. Ford can't even get simple programming right, why would you ask for more? That's like using M$ Windows for a OS when it's been a steaming pile for 30 GD years. Ok, I'll confess Win10 is reasonable usable. It only took them what 40 freaking years?

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
I’ve been interested in advanced headlights like that, but they are not legal in the US, so far. Maybe someday our outdated DOT regulations will change.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Agreed, we need to get the build quality better with better materials. Thats my one big disappointment with the Mustang regardless if its GT500, GT or Mach 1.
Sponsored