Sponsored

Heritage edition, anything more than a color and stripes?

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
nope, ford recycled a 1967 color. you can get painted striped (white or black) with the gt500 integrated into the hood stripe or if you get vinyl it has gt500 on the rocker stripe. everyone is seeing dollar signs after what happened with the gt350 heritage. dealers are asking big mark ups, more than your standard gt500. maybe they will put some extra pictures in the owners kit like the gt350. did anyone get theirs yet?

Last edited:
OP
OP

2turbocobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 boss 302
are both your cars race red in your sig? Thats currently what I have ordered, The HE sounds cool but I am worried the color is too much like a 90s Honda....

I know Ill love the race red, even if I do have too much red stuff....

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
are both your cars race red in your sig? Thats currently what I have ordered, The HE sounds cool but I am worried the color is too much like a 90s Honda....

I know Ill love the race red, even if I do have too much red stuff....
yep, to each their own but im not a fan of either the 350 or 500 heritage colors when I saw them in person. race red is a very under rated color but I really like it. loud but not to loud. I have an atlas blue 500 on order that should arrive at the dealer soon.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Dash plaque or anything, headrest stitch?....
Nope, just a huge ADM. That's about the biggest difference I can think of. Its a shame. I think Ford missed the boat on that one. They should have done something special with the heritage 350 and 500. Even something as simple as some minor performance differences or maybe a customization by Shelby American. Something.....

But instead, nothing. Paint. That's about it.

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I agree, it would have been nicer if it was more than just a color difference. I mean there are other one year colors out there, it doesnā€™t make them any more special than the rest of them. They skimped out by not adding HE specific goodies (besides the hood letters). Exclusive interior badging, seat embroidery, sill plate insignia, preferably an exclusive HP bumpā€¦.. something. Honestly the same goes for the GT350 HE.

I realize the ā€œvalueā€ of this car will self inflate like the HE 350ā€™s, but at the end of the day itā€™s the same car with a different color, thatā€™s it.

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree, it would have been nicer if it was more than just a color difference. I mean there are other one year colors out there, it doesnā€™t make them any more special than the rest of them. They skimped out by not adding HE specific goodies (besides the hood letters). Exclusive interior badging, seat embroidery, sill plate insignia, preferably an exclusive HP bumpā€¦.. something. Honestly the same goes for the GT350 HE.

I realize the ā€œvalueā€ of this car will self inflate like the HE 350ā€™s, but at the end of the day itā€™s the same car with a different color, thatā€™s it.
the 350 heritage had a few small differences. blue badges, blue dash plaque, red bolster delete (Rā€™s), unique owners kit, their own chassis numbers and the racing pedigree of the color itself.

Last edited:

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
the 350 heritage had a few small differences. blue badges, blue dash plaque, red bolster delete (Rā€™s), unique owners kit, their own chassis numbers and the racing pedigree of the color itself.
I did not know this. They should have at the very least followed suite for the 500HE.

I am not sayingthat I donā€™t like the 500HE, I just think they should have made it more than color special.

hotjava66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Heritage Edition
I have a HE and agree with a lot of this. Not that I am in any way unhappy with the car, just feel there should have been a little more to make it special. Colors are subjective, was a little uncertain when ordering but personally really like it, and gets a ton of compliments. That being said, yes, it should IMHO have had more personalized touches, different interior embroidery, wheels, chassis numbers, owners kit, all good ideas. And actually make it ā€œlimitedā€, not just as many as people will order in a year. Did a few mods to make mine stand out from the crowd.
9178FFCA-ED19-4E7B-AE58-53EB0827069E.jpeg

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in-between cars
Differences :

There are two ways it can be ordered outside of base or CFTP:

*Painted Stripe- Wimbledon White/Absolute Black (97W)

*Vinyl Stripe- Wimbledon White (97Q)

Painted Stripe comes with the new style logo painted in the hood

96367A34-6007-4B50-AD46-542A78BA804F.jpeg

Vinyl stripe has an ā€˜60s style ā€œGT500ā€ logo in the side stripe like the post above.

Ford chose not to use a different badge because ā€œthey wanted all the GT500s to be sequentialā€. Some think the real reason is because inn2020 they had 4 separate dash plaques and it was causing errors in the plant, so they simplified it, just a guess but that could be the reason why no separate HE badge.

They did still keep the certificate of authenticity that it is a Heritage which will come in the ownerā€™s supplemental package.

Because there is no separate Heritage Chassis number badge we have to figure out what number heritage you are, but since Ford hasnā€™t released production numbers since 2019, I believe this will happen by people crowd sourcing their information similarly to how the 2020 GT350R HE figured out their overall numbers with an excel spreadsheet.

Having more horsepower was never going to be in the cards. These cars are after all the culmination of a licensing agreement with Shelby International. Shelby offers the SE package which has some upgrades and bumped the horsepower to 800 something so there was never a chance that they would make a product that would make one of their packages obsolete.

And actually make it ā€œlimitedā€, not just as many as people will order in a year. Did a few mods to make mine stand out from the crowd.

I would not assume that they have failed on making it Limited. I talk to Ford all the time and they have told me that the total HE fleet will be 15-20% of the total 2022 production.

They are still making cars so you cannot guess where things will end. You also cannot assume that you know how many will be made or that anyone can order itā€” that was not the case for the version that I have, CFTP Painted strip HE as there are dealerships who were permitted to order an CFTP but not an HE etc.. Lots of people have orders for GT500s that wonā€™t be made regardless of color, but the HE was never a free for all where they were not counting how many have been produced or will be produced.

We wonā€™t know the breakdownā€”how many total, how many vinyl base, vinyl CFTP, painted base, painted CFTP, etc. until they are finished producing cars.

Ford has told me that many people ordered HE and once they hit their cap they would stop making them , and we are seeing that:

https://www.fordgt500.com/threads/2022-gt500-order-buying-tracking.198751/post-2858693.

We have to wait until the dust settles before you assuming that they werenā€™t limited or that anyone could order it.

I have seen many HE base vinyl cars like yours, however what would the alternative have been? Ford made the two packages so there was a low price HE option at $2,140 and a high price option $12,140ā€”with the lower end being around $80,000 and the highest being at $114,000.

I think if they eliminated the low then many would not have been able to get an HE and they wanted anyone to be able to afford one version. Because that lower option is cheaper, you will see more of that version.

update:

I did a search through CA, I looked for like cars to mine CFTP HE Painted Stripe.

the breakdown was as follows

SoCal: 12
Central CA: 0
NorCal: 5

total: 17 CFTP HE painted stripe
Total of all HE: 31

Throw in mine and another person that Iā€™ve seen, you have 19 that we know of for the most populous state and Fordā€™s biggest market.

Last edited:

Sponsored

hotjava66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Heritage Edition
I have seen many HE base vinyl cars like yours, however what would the alternative have been? Ford made the two packages so there was a low price HE option at $2,140 and a high price option $12,140ā€”with the lower end being around $80,000 and the highest being at $114,000.

I think if they eliminated the low then many would not have been able to get an HE and they wanted anyone to be able to afford one version. Because that lower option is cheaper, you will see more of that version.
[/QUOTE]
Great info, i know you have posted the same in another thread or forum and it has been further discussed. If things do end up that way all the better. Iā€™m happy with my car either way, ordered it more due to the fact I liked the color and throwback badges, although I canā€™t say I wasnā€™t thinking about the ā€œlimitedā€ aspect down the road. Bought the car to drive and enjoy, if I take less of a hit when itā€™s time to sell due to this then great. It just seems like Ford could have been more clear about the 15-20% up front, and if there is additional documentation in the owners kit let the buyer know that. As far as the cost goes, would have been fine with say 5-6k for a little more detail or differences over the standard car.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
I did not know this. They should have at the very least followed suite for the 500HE.

I am not sayingthat I donā€™t like the 500HE, I just think they should have made it more than color special.
Fortunately, both the 350HE and the 500HE are really nice colors. šŸ˜

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in-between cars

Great info, i know you have posted the same in another thread or forum and it has been further discussed. If things do end up that way all the better. Iā€™m happy with my car either way, ordered it more due to the fact I liked the color and throwback badges, although I canā€™t say I wasnā€™t thinking about the ā€œlimitedā€ aspect down the road. Bought the car to drive and enjoy, if I take less of a hit when itā€™s time to sell due to this then great. It just seems like Ford could have been more clear about the 15-20% up front, and if there is additional documentation in the owners kit let the buyer know that. As far as the cost goes, would have been fine with say 5-6k for a little more detail or differences over the standard car.
They were never going to publicize a percentage, that would be a no-no for them and almost any car maker because it pigeonholeā€™s them into a set option. Even the fact that they told me a range kind of says that they want to be able to have the ability to change that number as circumstances arise. So itā€™s a moving target.

I know that for my particular combination in California (I live in Southern California which is Fordā€™s biggest market), Iā€™ve only seen less than 12 cars and thatā€™s counting mine which was not listed. So if thatā€™s the biggest market and thereā€™s that few, then thereā€™s not a lot of them. I think in California the number would definitely be below 20 or 25 cars that look just like mine. And right now, like Iā€™ve said, I think itā€™s more in the 14 range?

People buy their cars for many reasons, thereā€™s no real right or wrong. I myself love the color. It being a Heritage was just an added benefit. If the heritage happened to have been a different combination I probably wouldnā€™t have one. But thatā€™s subjective because those are my reasons.

Again it was never going to happen that they were going to be different than the other 500s by having additional parts or more things. First thatā€™s not in the contract with Shelby and they were never going to do that; second they were never going come out with some super GT500 or some GT500 that had more options or more things that the other ones.

For Ford, all GT500ā€™s are a GT500ā€”meaning that they are the same car with only different options that differentiate them. There are no base or R models because Ford is about history and there was never a street model GT500 and a competition model back in 1967.

Yes, there is a big difference from a car that has maybe $3000 of options from a car that has $32,000 or more in options but as far as Ford is concerned all 500ā€™s are the same.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
I have a HE and agree with a lot of this. Not that I am in any way unhappy with the car, just feel there should have been a little more to make it special. Colors are subjective, was a little uncertain when ordering but personally really like it, and gets a ton of compliments. That being said, yes, it should IMHO have had more personalized touches, different interior embroidery, wheels, chassis numbers, owners kit, all good ideas. And actually make it ā€œlimitedā€, not just as many as people will order in a year. Did a few mods to make mine stand out from the crowd.
Your car looks awesome. It really stands out. Tint makes the color pop. The wheels really brighten it up and the color doesn't even look close to silver anymore with those wheels. Red pinstripes are nice accent to. Very nice brother.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in-between cars

I did a search through CA, I looked for like cars to mine CFTP HE Painted Stripe.

the breakdown was as follows

SoCal: 12
Central CA: 0
NorCal: 5

total: 17 CFTP HE painted stripe

Throw in mine and another person that Iā€™ve seen, you have 19 that we know of for the most populous state and Fordā€™s biggest market.

Total of all HE GT500: 31 (add in 3-4 that have been delivered)

That is a really small number for Fordā€™s biggest market.
Sponsored