lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
How did you notice or figure this out???

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Ok good news I think we solved the problem. The boomba check valve was leaking air! so I took it apart cleaned it and used some teflon tape on the threads of the check valve then retightened all of the clamps on each connection of the hose. It's now idling at about 700 rpm steady with 19.6-20 Hg or -9.65/-9.70 psi vac, afr is 13.9-14.1. Took it on a drive and sputtering is gone and no longer surges at a stop or idiling!
How did you notice?

OP
OP
ranger11x

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic
Well I vape (flame on!!) so I took the dvcc lines and plugged one end and took a hit off of my device and blew into the open end and had my wife look for the smoke!

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Well i suppose that if I Plug in my stock lines and the car works fine then thats it

Sponsored

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT PP 6-MT
Well I vape (flame on!!) so I took the dvcc lines and plugged one end and took a hit off of my device and blew into the open end and had my wife look for the smoke!
Good reason to use a premium catch can...aka buy a good quality catch can (not knocking boomba's), but it illustrates how something as simple as a catch can, can influence normal engine function if it's not working properly.

Wonder if there's a defect in the check valve on your line that's allowing it to gum up like that? Time will tell how well the valves on UPR cans hold up, but good to know so if anyone encounters this issue it's a good place to look first.

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
Good reason to use a premium catch can...aka buy a good quality catch can (not knocking boomba's), but it illustrates how something as simple as a catch can, can influence normal engine function if it's not working properly.

Wonder if there's a defect in the check valve on your line that's allowing it to gum up like that? Time will tell how well the valves on UPR cans hold up, but good to know so if anyone encounters this issue it's a good place to look first.

fyi it is possible that he is running a UPR DVCC with a boomba check valve hopefully he clarifies

maybe boomba can chime in, is regular maintenace/ cleaning required for your check valves? If so, at what recommended interval? I had no idea.

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
OP did you gut your PCV prior to installing your catch can?

OP
OP
ranger11x

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic
Using upr Dvcc with gutted pcv and boomba check valve

OP
OP
ranger11x

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic
Also big shout out to Adam who answered my frantic emails and helped me figure things out. This dude has THE best customer service hands down from any other person I've worked with

Sponsored

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT PP 6-MT
Using upr Dvcc with gutted pcv and boomba check valve
I bet that's it. Might not be the Boomba check valve, but rather the fact that you have NO Oil Separator...there's a factory re-designed oil separator you can get installed for free (TSBed) or if you want for $15 (they aren't expensive).

While the catch can is certainly capable of catching all the contaminants, the factory OS does limit the volume the catch can sees, it's not useless as some may purport and in my experience it limits vapors to mostly to fine oil particles. Nothing "gummy" or "chunky" has ever been in the can.

I would wager since your oil separator is non-existent your getting heavier deposit concentration that the factory separator generally does a decent job of collecting and returning the to crank case, where it will get filtered out by the oil filter.

All the oil in my UPR can has been watery and thinned out, so that's my supporting evidence. I could be wrong, but it might be worth the time to fix that issue and have the dealership install the high flow oil separator, it's on their dime.

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
My pcv is not gutted and i have both upr cans

OP
OP
ranger11x

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic
So it wasn't gunked up. The valve actually unscrews for servicing. It somehow became unscrewed (vibration or disconnecting or re routing around)

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
omfg.... HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Also, you are welcome.

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
So it wasn't gunked up. The valve actually unscrews for servicing. It somehow became unscrewed (vibration or disconnecting or re routing around)
Unscrews from the hose??
Sponsored