Sponsored

HELP PLEASE with powder coat colour

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I did not have a heat gun to remove the epoxy to separate the lockout halves and it was a PITA. I ended up destroying the lockout
I'm glad you wrote that, meaning the lockout is not going to fail in hot weather, like the guy in the CJP video said, right? If you had to destroy it, no way it'd fail with such a little upward force. And even if it did, you can reach thru the boot and lift it easily, I think. Fortunately, the stock piece doesn't bother me, so will leave it alone, at least for now. Also glad you didn't round out any of the 3 allen bolt heads with loctite on them :).
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ronin47

Ronin47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG BULLITT K4675 2020 INFINITI Q50 RS 400
I'm glad you wrote that, meaning the lockout is not going to fail in hot weather, like the guy in the CJP video said, right? If you had to destroy it, no way it'd fail with such a little upward force. And even if it did, you can reach thru the boot and lift it easily, I think. Fortunately, the stock piece doesn't bother me, so will leave it alone, at least for now. Also glad you didn't round out any of the 3 allen bolt heads with loctite on them :).
Of course you can keep your stock lockout on the shifter if you are okay with it aesthetically and absolutely nothing wrong with it. I did mine just to be different and it was a subtle change that made a bit of a visual impact and that is what I was going for. Yeah I am kinda glad too that I didn't strip the Allen screws too and luckily I had the right tools in hand.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'd probably change it if I didn't have to unsnap anything, even if the silver lockout piece doesn't quite match the chromed surround. And no, I don't like chrome, but not going to remove everything, which is a lot on this model. Anyway, I've had such bad luck removing the few panels for other mods that I'm done unless I absolutely have to. Everything is flimsy, easy to damage/break, and so far doesn't fit like factory again without spending hours figuring out how to do that. But glad you were able to do it, and that you liked it :D.

OP
OP
Ronin47

Ronin47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG BULLITT K4675 2020 INFINITI Q50 RS 400
I understand your sentiment as I too have the same issues and nearly experienced a major mishap with the upper center console panel. Changing to LEDs would have been a simple task provided one of the bulb holders would have stayed in its mount inside the panel. This got exacerbated by me having to figure out how to drop the panel without destroying the tabs and try to remount the bulb holder in its place. I got impatient and frustrated and relented to call a friend to help out. Luckily for me, he new what he was doing and had more patience than I.
Sponsored