Help Needed

T1aoGavin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gavin
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So I made a early Black Friday purchase of a Corsa sport cat-back. I had bought my car used and when I went to install it I noticed a lot of parts were out of place. The exhaust clamps weren’t used and instead used to clamp the mufflers to the resonator and c clamps with brackets and 14mm bolts were used to hold together the resonator and cats. The pipe coming off the cat is compressed causing the adapter from 2.5” to 3” from Corsa to not be able to fit. Because of this damaged pipe the exhaust wouldn’t fit. Will I need to replace the cats to be able to get a new pipe or should a shop be able to weld on a new section? Anyone else run in to this issue? Any advice or feedback helps

sorry if this makes little sense I can clarify if needed. Sincerely a going broke mustang owner who just wants his car to sound better
Sponsored

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
So I made a early Black Friday purchase of a Corsa sport cat-back. I had bought my car used and when I went to install it I noticed a lot of parts were out of place. The exhaust clamps weren’t used and instead used to clamp the mufflers to the resonator and c clamps with brackets and 14mm bolts were used to hold together the resonator and cats. The pipe coming off the cat is compressed causing the adapter from 2.5” to 3” from Corsa to not be able to fit. Because of this damaged pipe the exhaust wouldn’t fit. Will I need to replace the cats to be able to get a new pipe or should a shop be able to weld on a new section? Anyone else run in to this issue? Any advice or feedback helps

sorry if this makes little sense I can clarify if needed. Sincerely a going broke mustang owner who just wants his car to sound better
Most any muffler shop worth their weight can fix the issue you describe easily.

Ricker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky Rick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Do you have aftermarket headers/cats? If so, you can just removed the damage part and take it an exhaust shop. They have all the tools to get it to work.

If you can't take the damaged parts off, just bring the whole car to them, they will be able to get it sorted and lined up perfectly and save you a lot of headaches.

OP
OP
T1aoGavin

T1aoGavin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gavin
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
73A24271-903A-4B83-9B00-1CED262E6DD9.jpeg
Do you have aftermarket headers/cats? If so, you can just removed the damage part and take it an exhaust shop. They have all the tools to get it to work.

If you can't take the damaged parts off, just bring the whole car to them, they will be able to get it sorted and lined up perfectly and save you a lot of headaches.
It’s stock heads and stock cats. Whoever worked on it before me used c claps and a bracket to hold the cats onto the resonator but in turn crushing part of the cat pipe.

OP
OP
T1aoGavin

T1aoGavin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gavin
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Thanks for the suggestions. Took the car to a shop and now it’s sounding better than ever
Sponsored