OP
OP
NickBlack

NickBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Followed up yesterday, they said the VCT solenoid needs to be replaced - there's already a TSB for it

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/ford-tsb-18-2360-2018-19-5-0-coyote-vct-solenoid.113879/
Thanks for the update hope they take care of it quickly for you. Since my misfire codes were different than the ones in the TSB I’m assuming I don’t have the same VCT issue.

My codes were P0103, P0104
I’m still getting misfire codes after crank relearn. So I’m going to put 91 pump to see if it was low quality E85 winter blend here in CO that caused the misfires.

I’ll update everyone if the 91 tune stops the misfire codes.

OP
OP
NickBlack

NickBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
I would say ANY dealer visits with the motor having problems should always be an immediate back to stock tune and try to get at least a 50:50 mix of pump to E85 if possible. Also get you a battery tender on it and do 20 plus start stops to get your key count back up on stock tune. Fyi...
Thanks for the tips.
Just curious why are you recommending 50:50 mix of pump E85 and 91 octane on stock tune?
Wouldn’t just 91 be fine

Also, what’s the deal with the key count and service at ford?..if I don’t do 20 start/stops will it raise a red flag and cause issues when I take it in for service?

Appreciate it

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Thanks for the tips.
Just curious why are you recommending 50:50 mix of pump E85 and 91 octane on stock tune?
Wouldn’t just 91 be fine

Also, what’s the deal with the key count and service at ford?..if I don’t do 20 start/stops will it raise a red flag and cause issues when I take it in for service?

Appreciate it
91 is fine. I was saying in the case you had 1/2 of E85 in there put as much pump in as possible.

Dealers can read the key counts. If your car has 12000 miles and you just flashed back to stock the dealer will see only one on/off (or couple) for X amount of miles. That is how they might investigate further. Can you read between the lines here Bud...?

OP
OP
NickBlack

NickBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
91 is fine. I was saying in the case you had 1/2 of E85 in there put as much pump in as possible.

Dealers can read the key counts. If your car has 12000 miles and you just flashed back to stock the dealer will see only one on/off (or couple) for X amount of miles. That is how they might investigate further. Can you read between the lines here Bud...?
Thanks bud
Sponsored